Best Cornwall Car Hire Companies
Cornwall is a county to the extreme south west of England occupying around 3500 square kilometers of land with a total population in excess of 534,000 people. The largest city, or in fact the only city, in Cornwall is the City of Truro. For a long time the economy of Cornwall was driven by the tin mining industry especially during the middle ages but more recently has almost ceased production due to a decline in demand. These days, fishing and farming have become the biggest drivers of the economy. Cornwall is fairly cold for a lot of the year with the average temperature in the county a cool 11 degrees Celsius. Interestingly, however, the winters in Cornwall are warmer than most other areas of the country. Cornwall enjoys a lot of sun with well above 1500 hours of sun shining per year. The weather in Cornwall follows closely to being a temperate oceanic climate.
Cornwall boasts the longest coastline in the United Kingdom, which covers almost 700 kilometers. There are a great many beaches along the coastline with a great variety of different beach experiences ? from the tourist favorites to the north where you?ll find large expanses of golden sands and great sunbathing and surfing to the south where small, sheltered coves are in abundance.
If you love visiting historical landmarks and sites rich in the history of the region, there is plenty for you to see and do in Cornwall. One of these sites is the Lanhydrock House and surrounding gardens. Inside the house you?ll find over 50 rooms ? from master bedrooms to the servants digs and outside you?ll be treated to a huge elaborate garden.
Perhaps the most famous tourist attraction in Cornwall is the Pendennis Castle that was built over 450 years ago by Henry VIII as a coastal stronghold and occupied right up until the Second World War by the military. These days it plays home to a Discovery Centre that visitors to the castle really enjoy as well as a carefully recreated garrison where visitors can experience the full experience of the Castle at war.
If you?re visiting Cornwall for these or one of the many other fantastic reasons that the county offers, you?ll want to do it in a car and the best way to find car hire in Cornwall is by using Anycarhire.com. The site allows instant comparisons between different cars and hire companies as well as a facility where you can book your hire car in advance.
- Car Hire Belfast Airport
- Car Hire Belfast City Airport
- Car Hire Birmingham Airport
- Car Hire Blackpool Airport
- Car Hire Campbeltown Airport
- Car Hire Cardiff Airport
- Car Hire East Midlands Airport
- Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport North Terminal
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport South Terminal
- Car Hire Glasgow Airport
- Car Hire Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- Car Hire Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Leeds Bradford Airport
- Car Hire Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Car Hire London City Airport
- Car Hire London Gatwick Airport
- Car Hire London Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Manchester Airport
- Car Hire Newcastle Airport
- Car Hire Sheffield City Airport
- Car Hire Southampton Airport
- Car Hire Stornoway Airport