Best Dover Car Hire Companies
If you live in the United Kingdom, you might not be aware of the host of natural beauty and sites of historical significance you have almost on your own doorstep. If you live elsewhere in the world, visiting the United Kingdom might not be high on your list of destinations, but it should be. One of those places you should visit is Dover. Dover is a town and ferry port situated to the south east of England and is conveniently positioned for crossing the English Channel because of its proximity to France.
There are close to 30 thousand people living in the town which is 78 miles from the centre of London. The weather in Dover is often cold with an average annual high temperature of just 13.3 degrees Celsius. The warmer months, June to September experience warmer temperatures of around 20 degrees Celsius.
Probably the most well-known tourist destination in Dover is Dover Castle, built in the 1100s and held a distance defensive significance to England, and as such was nicknamed the ?Key To England.? It is also the biggest castle in England. Visitors to the castle can experience two very distinct uses of the castle, the first being the Roman, Saxon and early Norman uses of the castle and the other, the secret war time tunnels, used during the Second World War, all of which are available to see through guided tours with very knowledgeable tour guides.
From the iconic White Cliffs of Dover, on a clear day you can see the coastline of France. It is also the site of the South Foreland Lighthouse. It is no longer in use and hasn?t been used since 1988 but remains a site of significance since it has been used to warn passing ships of the coastline since probably 1730.
If you?re visiting Dover, you shouldn?t discount that you might want to visit the surrounding areas and attractions and as such, having access to a hire car is a good idea. Car hire in Dover is made easy by using Anycarhire.com that provides all the information and pricing you need for a hire car as well as giving you the service of booking car hire in Dover.
- Car Hire Belfast Airport
- Car Hire Belfast City Airport
- Car Hire Birmingham Airport
- Car Hire Blackpool Airport
- Car Hire Campbeltown Airport
- Car Hire Cardiff Airport
- Car Hire East Midlands Airport
- Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport North Terminal
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport South Terminal
- Car Hire Glasgow Airport
- Car Hire Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- Car Hire Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Leeds Bradford Airport
- Car Hire Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Car Hire London City Airport
- Car Hire London Gatwick Airport
- Car Hire London Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Manchester Airport
- Car Hire Newcastle Airport
- Car Hire Sheffield City Airport
- Car Hire Southampton Airport
- Car Hire Stornoway Airport