Best Guildford Car Hire Companies
Guildford is situated just 27 miles (43 kilometers) south of London in the United Kingdom. It is an ancient town with Saxon roots and became home to the Royal Mint in 978.
Guildford and its surrounding area have many interesting sights to take in. For example, the Wey Navigation is a canal going through Guildford until it reaches the Thames. Abbott?s Hospital was built in 1619 by the Archbishop of Canterbury George Abbott, who originated from Guildford. It was built to serve as a retirement home. St Catherine?s Chapel is a building in ruins that is definitely worth visiting if you are interested in history and architecture. You could also visit Lewis Carroll?s house ?Chestnuts?. Lewis Carroll was a famous mathematician, photographer and author.
Guildford Cathedral is a beautiful cathedral that can be visited every day and is still in use as a place of worship. You can also visit the Guildford Castle and grounds. Guildford Castle is a medieval castle that was built to protect the town in the 15th century and was also one of Henry III?s most luxurious residences. You could also visit the Spike, which is a workhouse that remained in use until 1960.
In Guildford?s surrounding area, you could visit different parks and gardens, many of which are part of the National trust. A visit to Denbies vineyard is also a great opportunity to see a fully functioning vineyard and taste local wines. There are also other abbeys, galleries and museums that you could visit in the area.
Guildford has many Park & Ride availabilities. Although you can drive through Guildford itself, it suffers from quite bad congestion and using a Park & Ride service is usually advised. Having a car if you are visiting Guildford and the surrounding area can be of great benefit, however, since Surrey is a large area with many interesting sights. Anycarhire.com would be very happy to check availability and prices of hire cars for you in just a few seconds. They check availability from many different companies, including Hertz, Holiday Autos, Argus Car Hire and many more.
- Car Hire Belfast Airport
- Car Hire Belfast City Airport
- Car Hire Birmingham Airport
- Car Hire Blackpool Airport
- Car Hire Campbeltown Airport
- Car Hire Cardiff Airport
- Car Hire East Midlands Airport
- Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport North Terminal
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport South Terminal
- Car Hire Glasgow Airport
- Car Hire Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- Car Hire Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Leeds Bradford Airport
- Car Hire Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Car Hire London City Airport
- Car Hire London Gatwick Airport
- Car Hire London Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Manchester Airport
- Car Hire Newcastle Airport
- Car Hire Sheffield City Airport
- Car Hire Southampton Airport
- Car Hire Stornoway Airport