Car Rental Macon
- Free Things to do in Paris
- Paris Discount Cards
- Paris Pass vs Paris Museum Pass
- Best Bus Tour Paris
- Which paris Airport is Best To Fly
- Paris Attractions Tickets
- Famous Art Galleries in Paris
- Best Seine River Cruise
- Eiffel Tower Tickets
- Palace of Versailles Facts
- Things to Do in Paris at Night
- Best Paris Day Trips
- Palace of Versailles Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Facts
- Best Paris Walking Tours
- Fun things to do in Paris
- Louvre Museum Tickets
- Paris Attractions Map
Macon is a small city located in central France, in the Burgundy region. It is home to over 36,000 residents. It lies on the western bank of the Saone River, and is the southernmost city in the Burgundy region. Every summer from June to August is the Ete frappe Festival, which is an art and music festival that is free and features many concerts across a wide range of musical genres, such as classical, jazz, rock, folk, rap, hip-hop, and pop, as well as dance and comedy shows, open air plays and film shows and sporting events.
The southern part of Macon is composed of three primary areas:
- Fontenailles is a residential area made up of detached houses located southwest of the town
- There is an industrial area south of Macon which comprises the Port River at Macon
- Saint-Clement/Les Blanchettes block, also known as Percee Sud. Saint-Cl?ment only makes up a small area but it is southern Macon?s main business area. It is a wooded area, which most notably includes the Parc desAllumettes. There is a Romanesque church in Saint-Clement that bears the name of this town.
Of course, the biggest draw to Macon are the culinary specialties, such as a butter cream cake made of meringue, and poulet de bresse a la cr?me, which is regarded as the best chicken in France, as well as other local specialties such as fresh frog legs, and escargot.
Just outside of town in the Maconnais district, there is a wide selection of wineries to visit that make the burgundy wine that the region is famous for. The areas west and north of Macon produce well-known wines from the Chardonnay grape. Almost all the wine made in the Maconnais is white wine, and Chardonnay is the main grape grown.
If you are planning a holiday to Macon, be sure to check anycarhire.com for the best rates and availability for your car hire Macon. Car hire Macon is a great way to see everything this popular region has to offer. Let anycarhire.com help you make your trip to Macon a holiday you will never forget.