Cheap City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting
|9 hours||(134 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting Discount Prices
We are comparing City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Compare Tickets Price with Tripindicator
Highlights of City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting
- Frankfurt is a city of contrasts that successfully retains its historic old town with Baroque architecture whilst also having a bustling international commercial centre full of modern architecture. Known by locals as 'Little Manhattan', the European banking sector forms an impressive skyline with the tallest measuring 337 metres(1,107 feet) but in the past the cathedral would have been the tallest building in Frankfurt. Frankfurt's modern side houses the European Central Bank and the stock exchange whilst the old historic center contains the 18th century former-home of Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe and the 15th century town hall not to mention St Paul's church and an array of other historic plaza's and buildings.
- The stretch of Rhine Valley between Rudesheim and Sankt Goarshausen is UNESCO world heritage listed due to its beauty and historical importance with quaint picturesque villages, medieval towns and historic castles. The River Rhine runs through the valley stretching a total of 1,232 km or 766 miles, starting in Switzerland and finally ending at the North Sea and contains the iconic Loreley rock, otherwise known as the Siren's Rock.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Perfect for travelers with limited time in Germany as they get to see the most important parts of Frankfurt city and experience the Rhine Valley all in 1 day.
- Culture Vultures will love this sightseeing trip as they experience modern skyscrapers, historic architecture and the River Rhine with beautiful landscape views.
- The trip is good for couples as well as solo travelers but a bit of a long day for kids.
- Some walking is involved but not so much as most of the trip is done on coach or boat - Make sure you don't travel from motion sickness!
Your Experience With City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting?
- Board the double-decker bus for your tour of Frankfurt at 10am to see the main highlights of this city of contrasts where old and new meet. Listening to the audio guide you'll pass by Frankfurt Cathedral, St Paul's Church, the 15th century Romer town hall, the Old Opera House and Goethe House. Making your way from the oldest parts of the city to the newest, you'll pass Hauptwache, a famous Baroque plaza and be able to admire the skyline of skyscrapers as you travel along the museum embankment to the European Banking Sector which houses the European Central Bank and the Stock Exchange.
- After this great introduction to Frankfurt city which takes about 1 hour, you'll leave the city behind and travel to the beautiful Rhine Valley passing by quaint villages, vineyards, and hillside castles.
- Arriving in the Rhine Valley at lunchtime, you'll stop at a riverside restaurant to enjoy a meal before traveling on to catch the streamer boat for your trip down the River Rhine. The cruise takes you past the most beautiful stretch of the valley that is UNESCO world heritage listed including past the iconic Loreley Rock (otherwise known as The Sirens Rock).
- You will disembark the boat to visit a wine shop for a local wine-tasting session with free time to explore the wine bars and shops in the area at your leisure afterwards.
- It's then time to get back on the bus which makes a brief stop at the medieval town of Rudesheim so you can step back in time for a moment and take in the 15th century cobblestone lane called Drosselgasse which has beautiful half-timbered buildings now home to restaurants, taverns and shops.
- After Rudesheim you resume the journey back to Frankfurt, arriving back at approximately 7pm.
What City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting Includes?
- A 1-hour Frankfurt city sightseeing tour with audio guide.
- A Rhine Valley tour with live guide.
- Lunch at a riverside tavern.
- Wine-tasting session.
- Steamer boat river cruise.
- Return transport to Frankfurt.
- What Attractions will you see on this tour?:
- Frankfurt City:
- The Cathedral
- St Paul's Church
- Romer Town Hall
- Goethe House
- Museum Embankment
- European Central Bank
- The Rhine Valley:
- Sankt Goarshausen
- Loreley Rock
- If you have the opportunity, don't miss out on riding the Assmannshausen cable car into the valley.
Travelers Reviews about City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting?
- Travellers who left reviews on Tripadvisor and Viator generally give this tour top marks and fantastic reviews.
- They have left comments including 'Fantastic', 'This Tour Was Amazing', and 'A Very Enjoyable Boat Trip' to sum up the good experience they had.
- People agree that the tour is well organized and the guided are absolutely brilliant, very friendly and knowledgeable and they really help make the trip memorable.
- They note that it's a long day and wish they could spend more time in Rothenburg at the end but still feel that the trip was worth the time and money and a great introduction to Frankfurt and the German countryside.
- People point out that the wine-tasting session is more about selling tourists bottles of wine than them tasting it and learning about it but this didn't matter.
- Some travelers were unhappy saying that the meal was bad and that there were delays on the coach but the majority of travellers are very satisfied and recommend others to take this tour.
E-tickets and printed tickets both accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Pack a drink and snacks for the journey.
- Check the weather in the Rhine Valley - Do you need an umbrella or sun cream?!
Address / Pick up Location
Meet in Central Frankfurt at Greenline Tours office.
Youtube videos of City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting
7-Day European Highlights Tour From Frankfurt: Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland
Duration: Seven days
Green Segway Tour Frankfurt
Duration: Two hours
Frankfurt to Neuschwanstein Castle Day Trip
Duration: 14 hours
Frankfurt Sightseeing Cruise
Duration: 50-100 minutes depending on upstream or downstream tour.
7-Day Trip Taste of Central Europe Tour to Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and more
Duration: Seven days
Frankfurt Day trip to Eltz Castle Tour with Rhine River Dinner
Duration: Eight hours
City Highlights Tour plus Rhine Valley Cruise and Wine Tasting
Duration: 9 hours
Frankfurt Card: City Sightseeing Pass
Duration: 1 Day or 2 Day
Frankfurt Bike Tour
Duration: Three hours
Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip
Duration: 14 hours