Cheap Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting Tickets
|Full day or Half-Day||(462 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Where to Buy Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting Discount Tickets?
We are comparing Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Highlights of Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting?
- The River Rhine stretches a total of 1,232 km or 766 miles, starting in Switzerland and finally ending at the North Sea. It passes through central Germany and the beautiful Rhine Valley that is a popular spot for tourists as well as locals who want to enjoy the scenery.
- The Rhine valley comprises quaint picturesque villages, historic castles, and vineyards all set in beautiful surroundings with the River Rhine running below. The beautiful medieval town of Rüdesheim and the iconic Loreley rock, otherwise known as the Siren's Rock can all be found in this area. With so much charm, it's not difficult to see why it has been declared a UNESCO world heritage site.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A lovely sightseeing trip for people who enjoy marvelling at the world we live in and seeing all of its beauty.
- A great opportunity to see another part of Germany.
- A must-do if you want to see all of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites in your lifetime!
- Ideal for couples and friends/family traveling without children.
- Most of the trip is on coach or boat, good if you cannot walk far.
Your Experience With Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting?
- With either a half-day trip or a full day trip available, you will meet your guide at a central Frankfurt location and board a coach which takes you to the Rhine Valley passing stunning scenery on the way.
- On your journey past quaint traditional villages, vineyards and medieval castles your multilingual guide will explain some history of the region and give details on the sights you are passing.
- You will then meet your steamer boat and cruise along the river Rhine - Please note that the steamers do not operate in Winter. If you do the half-day trip you will travel a shorter distance by boat, from Kaub to Rudesheim still allowing you to enjoy the best views along this UNESCO world heritage stretch. If on the full-day trip you will be able to enjoy a longer boat trip to St Goarshausen harbour, passing by the iconic Loreley Rock aka Siren's Rocks.
- Both the half-day and full day trips stop to enjoy meal (either lunch or dinner) and a short wine tasting session at a riverside tavern.
- If time allows, you will also have the opportunity to visit the medieval town of Rüdesheim with your guide and in summer, travelers taking the full day trip have the option of riding the Assmannshausen cable car into the valley.
- After a thoroughly enjoyable day, you will travel back to Frankfurt, departing the coach where you joined it in the morning.
What Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting Includes?
- A half-day or full day trip to the Rhine Valley UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- A friendly and informative multilingual guide with you throughout the trip.
- Return travel to Frankfurt with a coach trip to the Rhine Valley and a boat trip (Summer only) on a steamer along the River Rhine.
- Wine tasting and a meal in a riverside tavern.
- Numerous sightseeing opportunities.
- What Attractions will you see on this tour?: The Rhine River Valley
- Picturesque villages, vineyards, and hillside castles
- St Goarshausen Harbour and Lorelei-Felsen aka Siren's Rocks (full day trip)
- Rüdesheim Town (if time allows)
- Views from the Niederwald monument
- The steamer boats do not operate in Winter, if you book the tour for winter you will visit a castle instead of doing the boat trip.
- At the meal, be aware that desert costs extra.
What Travelers are Saying About It?
- This trip receives mostly 4 and 5 stars from travellers who have reviewed it on TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide, and Viator.
- Almost everyone who took this trip said they really enjoyed the boat trip and seeing all of the Rhine Valley scenery.
- There are mixed opinions on the meal but everyone agrees that the wine tasting part of the tour is poor - It just being a way for the tavern to sell bottles of wine.
- Aside from that people still say they recommend the trip and it's worth the money.
- Everyone agrees that the guide is friendly and informative but some people were not expecting to be traveling by coach for so much of the time, expecting the boat trip to be the main method of travel not an 'add-on'.
Printed tickets and e-tickets are both accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
Pack a drink and some snacks for the coach journey.
Address / Pick up Location
Meet the coach at 39 Wiesenhüttenplatz, Frankfurt am Main, 60329.
Youtube videos of Day Trip down the Rhine with Wine Tasting
Black Forest and Strasbourg Day Trip from Frankfurt
Duration: Approximately 10 hours
Frankfurt Night Pub Crawl through Alt-Sachsenhausen
Duration: 5 hours+
Heidelberg and Rhine Valley Day Trip from Frankfurt
Duration: 11 hours
Frankfurt Blue Bus Hop On Hop Off City Tour
Duration: All day ticket / 60minute loop.