Cheap Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour
|10.5 Hours||(640 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour Discount Prices
We are comparing Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Highlights of Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour
- This full-day excursion from Central Munich will take you to the heart of the Bavarian Alps on one of the most famous roads in Europe. Visit the best-preserved castle in Southern Germany and journey through breath-taking scenery to traditional Bavarian villages.
- The day will begin in Central Munich where you will be picked up from the meeting point by a luxury Greylines coach and drive to Harburg Castle.
- This magnificent construction dates back to the 11th century, it was once used as a mediaeval strong hold and is now the largest and oldest castle in Bavaria. You will have free time here to visit the castle or stroll the surrounding grounds, there are a handful of traditional cafes where you could grab a coffee and enjoy the fantastic views.
- The tour will continue on the Romantic Road through a crater hole known as Nordlinger Reis and the see the colourful houses of Dinkelsbuhl, before arriving in Rothenburg.
- You will spend the afternoon exploring this restored medieval town at your own leisure, you might want to pay a visit the Rothenburg Museum, or shop for Nutcrackers are Kathe Wolhfahrt all year Christmas shop. There are local restaurants serving traditional Bavarian dishes and locally brewed beers.
- On the return trip to Central Munich the tour will make one final stop in the village of Hallertau.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- This is a fun tour for friends and families, Harburg Castle is great for children to explore while parents can grab a coffee in the town, Kids will also love the all year Christmas and novelty shops in Rothenburg.
- If your visiting Munich and would like to explore the surrounding area but don't want to organise your own transport then this full-day tour is also a good option.
Your Experience With Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour?
- Escape from the busy city centre to discover the historic ‘Romantic Road' in the Bavarian alps.
- Visit medieval cities, an 11th century former stronghold, and a traditional German Christmas store in Rothenburg.
- Enjoy free time in Rothenberg to visit historic museums, famous attractions, shops, or sample some local cuisine.
- See one of Germany's greatest architectural works, Harburg Castle and travel on part of the 220-mile Romantic Road.
- Stop by one of the largest castles in Bavaria and benefit from the insightful commentary of a bilingual guide.
What Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour Includes?
- Round trip transportation by air-conditioned coach.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Meet in Central Munich – travel by coach to Harburg – option to visit the castle – travel to Rothenburg via Swabian Crater landscape and Dinkelsbuhl – free time in Rothenburg – return to Central Munich via Hallertau.
- This tour is operated with Greyline buses, discounts to tours with this company are included with a Munich City Card .
Travelers Reviews about Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour?
- The full-day tour on the Romantic Road to Rothenburg and Harburg has received over 600 reviews from TripAdvisor and Viator users with an overall 4.5-star ranking.
- Most comments say that the day-trip is well organised and a good option if you want to visit Rothenburg without hiring your own vehicle.
- Comments talk about knowledgeable guides and comfortable coaches.
- While travellers agree that both locations are very beautiful, some have also commented that the towns are now very touristic with few locals actually living in these places.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Tickets will be received by email.
- Tickets will be accepted in either printed or electronic form. Ticket are fully refundable up to 24 hours in advance if purchased from Get Your Guide. Tickets from Viator are fully refundable up to 7 days in advance and 50% refundable 3 to 6 days in advance.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- You should be at the meeting point at least 20 minutes in advance.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Entrance fees to Harburg ($8) is not included in the ticket price.
Address / Pick up Location
- Meeting Point: The coach will pick you up in front of Karstadt Department Store, Hauptbahnhofplaz, 7. Opposite Munich Central Train Station.
Youtube videos of Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour
Romantic Road, Rothenburg and Harburg Day Tour
Duration: 10.5 Hours
FC Bayern Munich Football Stadium tour and Allianz Arena
Duration: 4 Hours
Salzburg Day Tour from Munich
Duration: 9.5 Hours
Neuschwanstein Castle Day Trip from Munich
Duration: 10 hours
Munich Bike Tour
Duration: 3 Hours
Berchtesgaden and Eagle's Nest Day Tour from Munich
Duration: 10 Hours
Munich City Sightseeing Bus Tour
Duration: 1 or 3 Days
Dachau Concentration Camp Half-Day Tour from Munich
Duration: 5 Hours
Hitler and the Third Reich Munich Walking Tour
Duration: 2.5 Hours
Day Trip to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles from Munich
Duration: 10 Hours
Bavarian Beer and Food Evening Tour from Munich
Duration: 3 Hours