Cheap Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour
|3.5 Hours||(2,156 Reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour Discount Prices
We are comparing Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Highlights of Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour
- The Crypts and Catacombs walking tour is an ideal escape from the busy piazzas and overcrowded attraction that most tours visit.
- Instead of focusing on Rome's top attractions this 3.5-hour experience will take you a few hundred years back in time.
- Hear how Rome's Early Christian lived, their secret meeting places, clever communications and their persecution.
- Instead of climbing Palatine Hill and marvelling at Renaissance painting you'll go underground, visit the extravagant Roman Burial Chambers and see ‘St. Francis in Meditation' painted by Caravaggio in the late 1500's.
- During the tour you will also visit the Crypts of the Capuchin Monks, decorated with over 4,000 human bones, then tour the Capuchin Museum and hear their stories.
- The final stop is at the 12th century San Clementine Basilica and follow your guide below ground to an original Roman street dating back to the 1st century.
- And as if that wasn't enough, your walking tour ticket will also include the entrance fees to the original Catacombs and Crypts, plus the Cathedral of San Clementine.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Ideal for people who are interested in the history of religion in Rome, as well as art lovers and anyone looking for an alternative to the conventional city walking tour.
- This tour give introduce you to the history of conflict between Christians and Catholics within the Eternal City whilst exploring the modern city.
- Good for small groups, families or solo travellers.
Your Experience With Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour?
- Descend into the underground city and discover the history of Imperial Rome and the secret lives of Early Christians.
- Take a specially themed walking tour of Rome's City Centre.
- Hear the long-forgotten stories and see with your own eyes what's hidden beneath the city's streets.
- See a darker side to Rome on a visit to the Capuchin Crypts and Capuchin Museum.
- Enter San Clementine Basilica and discover the city's hidden gems with an expert local guide.
- Get the know the city with an expert local guide.
What Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour Includes?
- 3.5-hour small group guided tour.
- Professional English speaking guide.
- Entrance to San Clementine Basilica, including underground area, the Catacombs and Capuchin Crypts and Museum.
- Transport by air-conditioned coach.
- Wear sensible shoes and comfortable clothes as a reasonable amount of walking will be required.
- Come prepared with a sunhat, sunscreen and water during the hot summer months.
Travelers Reviews about Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour?
- This tour is one of the top-rated tours in Rome with an overall 5 out of 5-star score on both TripAdvisor and Viator from over 2,000 customer reviews.
- Over 200 Get Your Guide users have given this tour a 4.8-star rating.
- Travellers say that this tour will take you to ‘increasable places' which cannot be found elsewhere.
- Comments generally agree that tour guides are ‘amazing' and that the excursion is well organised.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Printed or electronic tickets are accepted.
- Cancellation policy depends on you ticket provider, fees may apply if booking is cancelled less than 7 days in advance.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Participants should be at meeting point 15 minutes in advance and wear comfortable shoes.
- To enter any churches both men and women must wear clothing which cover the knees and shoulders.
- A private tour is also available.
Address / Pick up Location
- Meeting Point: By the Trinton Fountain on Piazza Barberini, Central Rome.
Youtube videos of Roman Catacombs and Crypts Tour
Florence Day Trip from Rome
Duration: 15 Hours
Rome Super Saver: Best of Rome Walking Tour
Duration: 8 Hours
Vatican VIP Experience Private Tour
Duration: 3.5 Hours
Best Rome Walking Tours
Duration: 2.5 Hours
2-Day South Italy Tour from Rome
Duration: 2 Days
Skip the Line Borghese Gallery and Gardens Walking Tour
Duration: 3 Hours
Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Skip the line
Duration: 3 Hours
Rome Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Tour
Duration: 24, 48, or 72 Hours
Pompeii Day Trip from Rome
Duration: 13 Hours
Vatican and Colosseum Skip the Line Tickets
Duration: 7 - 8 Hours