A Frankfurt Meander: An audio tour through Germany's cradle of democracy
60 to 75 minutes
Frankfurt is a small city with a big history. Did you know the first ever German parliament was held here?
This self guided audio tour is about finding your way around the city centre and enjoying fun facts and interesting sights, that you would never discover on your own. You'll start at Frankfurt's beautiful old opera house and walk right through the modern shopping heart to the Altstadt, discovering the stock market, Goethe's house, a peace garden, the new Old Town and much more along the way. I’ll explain why the old Hühnermarkt ( chicken market) was rebuilt and tell you how the town hall came to be called the Römer.
You’ll see these landmarks along the way:
• The 19th century opera house and stock exchange
• The bull and bear statues
• Stunning replicated architecture of the old Hühnermarkt
• The Kleinmarkthalle (indoor market)
• The Eisenersteg and views of the River Main