A Taste of Malta, Hands-on cooking class
Join us, during our hands on cooking classes and take a journey through history and discover how new ingredients not only changed the landscape of the Maltese islands but its people’s diets as well. As well as cooking a dish inspired from a 18th century recipe using local sustainable ingredients. After cooking participants will sit down to a tasting of delicious local wines and traditional snacks as well as eating the dish which they prepared.
During the session you’ll learn:
• Learn about the story of Maltese gastronomy and how this has been influenced over the years.
• Taste local wines & traditional appetizers such as Bigilla, a selection of goat cheeselets, local sausage, confited olives and fresh local bread.
• Make & cook pasta from scratch
• Create a professionally seasoned irkotta farce
• Remake a recipe from the 18th century
• Apply kitchen professionalism: timing, cleanliness and organisation
• Perform basic knife cuts and techniques.
• Plate food beautifully