Beatrix Potter & Lake District full day, all inclusive tour by rail and minivan
12 hours 1 minute
You get to see:
• Wray Castle where Beatrix spent her 16th birthday and first discovered the Lake District where she was to later make her home.
• Hill Top, the house which Beatrix bought from the money she made from the publication of Peter Rabbit.
• Esthwaite Water where Beatrix fished from her boat.
• Hawkshead village
• Beatrix Potter Gallery to see the original illustrations by Beatrix, including the famous copy she made of the Peter Rabbit letter.
• Tarn Hows bought by Beatrix and regarded as one of the most beautiful places in the Lake District.
• Yewdale Valley where Beatrix owned farms and land including Yew Tree Farm used in the film Miss Potter.
• Armitt Library & Museum to see Beatrix's stunningly detailed mycology illustrations and other artefacts