Make Artisan Bread with a Baker
The process of making sourdough bread is actually about 24 hours so I'll have each stage ready so that we don't have to wait for fermentation.
We'll work with 2 sets of dough:
- 1 prepared in advance by me which will be ready for final stages and we will bake at the end, and
- 1 that you will prepare from scratch and take home with you to bake the next day.
During breaks you'll enjoy a few refreshments, coffee, and plenty of freshly baked bread. We'll identify some differences in flavors and talk about different styles of "sourdough" bread.
You'll learn how to make a sourdough bread from start to finish and at the end you'll get:
1. The bread you'll make and bake.
2. The dough ready for the final stage, which you can bake at home.
2. A printed recipe of the bread you'll make.
Each step of the process will be first demonstrated by me and then you'll work on your own loaves.