The National Mall: Discover the monuments and their memories on an audio tour
90 to 110 minutes
If you’re interested in exploring DC memorials quite thoroughly, this self-guided audio tour along the Mall’s Reflecting Pool is for you. We’ll be walking along some of the city’s newest ground that honors the country’s greatest sacrifices.
We start our tour where the city founders started the city. Our path begins at the vortex of the meridians used to map the new capital city. From what is now the base of the George Washington Monument, we wind our way through the memorials that surround the National Mall's Reflecting Pool.
• The stones honoring the country’s Greatest Generation
• A garden commemorating the nation's rebellious founders
• The stark simplicity of the black wall representing the Vietnam era
• A dedication to the president who maintained this country's union, in spite of civil war
• A walk through the fields of Korea alongside the soldiers of every war
• Bonus tracks that expand on theme of ‘Controversies and Compromises’