Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|4 Hours||(373 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin
- On this comprehensive Cold War themed tour you will discover the events that turned post-WWII Berlin into a city divided into East and West.
- See the â€˜wedding cake' communist architecture on â€˜Stalinallee', visit the Bernauer Strasse Memorial, where many Eastside residents attempted to cross to the west, and learn about the extreme security measures that prevented the citizens escape.
- In the company of an expert historian guide you will learn how East Side activists campaigned for their civil rights, how they battled against a strict communist regime and how, in 1989, they toppled the Berlin wall.
- You will also visit the Gethsemane Church, where the activists secret meeting was held, see the remaining stretch of the Berlin Wall, the East Side Gallery, and marvel at Potsdamer Platz, which now represents modern, metropolitan Berlin.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- The Cold War Walking Tour is aimed at adult visitors who would like to learn about modern history.
Your Experience With Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin?
- Explore the eastern and western sides of Berlin and learn what it meant to live on either side during the division of the city.
- Visit significant sites and monuments to the conflict of the Cold War, including the memorial to the Berlin Wall.
- Explore underground bunkers, lookout towers and the no-mans land where many civilians lost their lives attempting to cross the border.
What Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin Includes?
- 4 hour Cold War themed walking tour.
- Proffessional English speaking guide.
- You tour guide will be a local resident so don't miss the chance to get some tips for exploring the city.
- During the tour your guide will point out interesting museums and attractions which you may want to visit afterwards. http://www.tripindicator.com/view/attractions/berlin-.html
Travelers Reviews about Cold War Walking Tour of Berlin?
- One of the most interesting walking tours available in Berlin.
- The Cold War Walking tour has 5 out of 5-star ratings on both TripAdvisor and Viator.
- Travellers say that the tour is very informative and with excellent guides.
- Comments agree that the content is great if you want to understand the events of the Cold War.
- The only downside is that the end point of the walking tour is a little far from the city centre.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please bring your printed or mobile ticket to show your guide.
- Get Your Guide will refund your tickets up to 24 hours in advance.
- Tickets purchased from Viator will be non-refundable less than 3 days prior to tour date and only 50% refundable if cancellations are made 3-6 days in advance.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- The Cold War Walking tour will operate in rain or shine, please check the weather and dress appropriately. Comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Transport is not included in the ticket price, you will need to purchase a ticket for AB Zones.
Address / Pick up Location
- Meeting Points: Opposite Hackescher Markt Train Station, or outside the Zoologischer Garten Underground Station, Central Berlin.
- Please check your meeting point in the booking confirmation.
- Best Berlin Tours
- Berlin Hop on Hop off
- Berlin Pass vs Welcome Card
- Best Berlin Day Trips
- Free Things to do in Berlin
- Best Berlin Walking Tours
- Best Berlin Boat Tours
- Best Berlin Food Tours
- Best Berlin Bike Tours
- Cheap Berlin Airport Transfers
- Best Berlin Bus Tours
- Berlin Attractions Maps
- Which Berlin Airport is Best To Fly
- Berlin Art Galleries
- Things to do in Berlin at Night
- Berlin TV Tower Tickets
- Berlin Walking Tours
- Pergamon Museum Ticket
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour
- ONE Grand Show Berlin
- Berlin Historical Tour
- Berlin To Dresden Day Tour
- Berlin Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Berlin
Discover Berlin Walking Tour
Duration: Around four hours
Berlin Dungeon Skip-the-line
Duration: Approximately 1:10 hours
City River Cruise in Berlin
Duration: 1 Hour
Berlin Self-Drive Trabi Safari City Tour
Duration: 75 Minutes
Fast track Madame Tussauds and AquaDom & SEA LIFE
Berlin's Infamous Third Reich Sites Half-Day Walking Tour
Duration: 4 Hours