Skip-the-Line: Berlin Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Skip-the-Line: Berlin Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Skip-the-Line: Berlin Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie
- Founded shortly after the establishment of the infamous Berlin Wall, the museum exhibits a wide range of items relating to the Cold War era.
- At first, the premises of the museum used to be a gathering point of people who aided people in East Berlin, occupied by the Warsaw Pact, to escape to West Berlin, under control of the NATO Pact.
- The museum displays a wide range of artifacts donated by the people that made successful attempts.
- Among others, an airplane, submarine and a hot-air balloon are some of the related exhibits.
- Berlin Wall Museum also stages an exhibition relating to the wall itself since its construction in 1961 to its destruction in 1991.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- If the history of the 20th century or the Cold War interest you, don't miss this great museum.
- The museum caters to travelers with various interests.
- The collection of the Berlin Wall Museum is suitable for adults and kids.
Your Experience With Skip-the-Line: Berlin Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie?
- You will pay a visit to the most famous section of the former Berlin Wall, known as Checkpoint Charlie.
- Learn at the adjacent museum how people managed to plan and execute their escapes from East Berlin, held by the Soviet Union and its satellites, to West Berlin, which was in control of the NATO Pact.
- Comprehend the role the Berlin Wall had in keeping friends and family members apart during the period spanning from the early 1960s to the beginning of the 1990s.
- Find out the motifs for East Berliners to flee to the west part of the city and discover the means how they did that.
- Examine a hot-air balloon, submarine and a plane used for that purpose.
What Skip-the-Line: Berlin Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie Includes?
- Entry ticket to the Berlin Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie.
- Since the East Berlin authorities enforced terror, people living in this part of the city sometimes didn't choose the means of escape, and many of them jumped from the roofs of the nearby buildings to the other side.
- Some others dug tunnels under the wall to flee from East to West Berlin.
Travelers Reviews about Skip-the-Line: Berlin Wall Museum at Checkpoint Charlie?
- Travelers that visited the Berlin Wall Museum state that there are many interesting exhibits on display there.
- Some of them commented that the "soldiers on duty" at the Checkpoint Charlie don't mind posing for photos with visitors.
- Reviews also indicate that the Berlin Wall Museum is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting the German capital.
- Besides exhibiting artifacts, the museum reveals interesting facts about the history of the conflict that nearly pulled the world into a nuclear war.
The museum accommodates visitors with disabilities.
Show either mobile or printed ticket to visit the Berlin Wall Museum. Cancel your order at least 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Duration of your tour isn't predetermined, so you can stay as long as you like at the museum during the day of your visit.
Address / Pick up Location
Friedrichstrasse 43-45, Berlin
- Berlin Passes
- Best Berlin Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Which Berlin Airport is Best To Fly
- Best Berlin Attractions, Tours Skip-line Tickets
- Best Berlin Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Best Art Musuems in Berlin
- Berlin Day Trips
- Things to do in Berlin at Night
- Berlin TV Tower Tickets
- Berlin Walking Tours
- Pergamon Museum Ticket
- Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Tour
- ONE Grand Show Berlin
- Berlin Historical Tour
- Berlin To Dresden Day Tour
- Berlin Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Berlin
Pergamon Museum Skip the Line Ticket
Berlin City Circle Hop-on Hop-off Sightseeing Tour Yellow Bus
Duration: 1 - 2 Days
TV Tower Berlin Tickets Skip the line
Duration: 30 Minutes
Sachsenhausen Concentration Camp Memorial Tour
Duration: 6 Hours
City River Cruise in Berlin
Duration: 1 Hour
Berlin Self-Drive Trabi Safari City Tour
Duration: 75 Minutes
Discover Berlin Walking Tour
Duration: Around four hours