Best England Car Hire Companies
Not many people attribute England as a tourist destination, but in actual fact there is a wealth of amazing things to see and do in the country. It is one of four countries that make up Great Britain, along with Wales and Scotland on the mainland and Ireland to the west across the Irish Sea. It has a total land area of over 130,000 square miles and has a population of around 50 million people living in it. The first recorded inhabitancy of the country is recorded at being around 500 AD.
The name England originates from one of the tribes who settled in the area in that time, a Germanic tribe called the Angles. England throughout history has been a major influence in the advancement of human civilization and played a big role during the Industrial Revolution. The official language of England is English and it is ruled by a monarchy. The current Queen of England is Queen Elisabeth II. England is subdivided into counties of which there are 48.
England?s climate is classified as a temperate maritime climate. The coldest months of the year are January and February where average high temperatures are about 7 degrees Celsius. The warmest months, July and August, enjoy average high temperatures of 21 degrees Celsius. England receives frequent precipitation across most of the country with more rain generally falling across parts of the county of Cumbria than anywhere else in England.
By far, the City of London is the city most frequented by tourists. Sights like Buckingham Palace, the official residence of the Queen, the Tower of London that houses the Crown Jewels and the London Zoo are amongst the many attractions that draw tourists to the city. Smaller attractions like Trafalgar Square and Oxford Street are also well visited by people wanting to learn more about heritage and the city itself. Outside of London there are also many places to visit like Stonehenge and any number of unbelievable castles and forts.
Driving roads in England are well laid out and easy to navigate which makes getting around by car very convenient. Car hire in England is inexpensive compared to the public transport network and as such hiring a car is advised. Visit Anycarehire.com to compare prices and book your car hire for your trip to England.
- Car Hire Belfast Airport
- Car Hire Belfast City Airport
- Car Hire Birmingham Airport
- Car Hire Blackpool Airport
- Car Hire Campbeltown Airport
- Car Hire Cardiff Airport
- Car Hire East Midlands Airport
- Car Hire Edinburgh Airport
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport North Terminal
- Car Hire Gatwick Airport South Terminal
- Car Hire Glasgow Airport
- Car Hire Glasgow Prestwick Airport
- Car Hire Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Leeds Bradford Airport
- Car Hire Liverpool John Lennon Airport
- Car Hire London City Airport
- Car Hire London Gatwick Airport
- Car Hire London Heathrow Airport
- Car Hire Manchester Airport
- Car Hire Newcastle Airport
- Car Hire Sheffield City Airport
- Car Hire Southampton Airport
- Car Hire Stornoway Airport