Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|1.5 hours||(10 790 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh
- Holyrood House Palace is a Baroque style palace that is the Queenâ€™s official Scottish residence for state functions. A royal residence for more than 500 years, it is located at the end of The Royal Mile with stunning views of Arthur's Seat.
- The palace is an important link with Mary, Queen of Scots and Bonnie Prince Charlie, in fact it was here that Mary, Queen of Scots witnessed the brutal murder of David Rizzio by her husband, Lord Darnley.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A must-see for culture vultures who enjoy visiting castles, palaces, and stately homes to admire how the other half life and all the lavish dĂ©cor.
- A delightful couple of hours for Royalists to see where the Queen lives when she is in Edinburgh on official state business.
- Not suitable for photographers because photography is not permitted inside the house â€“ Photos can only be taken in the grounds.
Your Experience With Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh?
- Enter the historical Holyrood House Palace that is the official residence of the Queen and Royal Family when in Scotland for state engagements â€“ See the rooms where the Royal Family spend their time, the seats they sit in, the paintings (including works Rembrandt and Canaletto), and admire the beautiful dĂ©cor. You'll see where the Queen holds private audiences in the Morning Drawing Room and visit the Great Gallery where Scottish residents named in the New Yearâ€™s Honours List or Queen's Birthday Honours List receive their treasured award.
- You'll also be able to step back in time too with access to the Throne Room and Mary Queen of Scots' historic chambers. You'll also see the Great Gallery of the Jacobite Court where Bonnie Prince Charlie held his lavish balls. Brush up on your history of Scotland, learning about the dramatic events that have taken place over time and see with your own eyes the changing tastes of successive monarchs as you move around thanks to the audio guide but also the helpful staff who are on hand to answer your questions.
- Last but never least walk in the grounds as you marvel at the ruins of the 12th-century Holyrood Abbey and enjoy a walk through the gardens.
- There's a cafe on site so if you get peckish you can pop in for a drink and snack.
What Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh Includes?
- Entrance to Holyrood House Palace
- Access to Holyrood Abbey
- Handheld audio guide in 9 languages - Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, and Russian.
- You will see:
- The Queen's State Apartments
- Mary Queen of Scots' Chambers
- The Throne Room
- The Great Gallery
- Grounds and Gardens
- A 1-way route operates around the palace so don't leave a room until you're sure you've seen enough of it!
Travelers Reviews about Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh?
- Travellers talking about this tour on GetYourGuide and Trip Advisor give it excellent ratings and reviews.
- Everyone agrees that it's an interesting tour around the beautiful palace and grounds with fantastic professional staff on hand to help and answer questions.
- It's agreed that the audio tour is easy to use and understand but it is noted that due to it being a handheld device and not headphones, it is possible to get hand ache from holding it up to your ear all the time!
- People think this tour is good value for money, not too crowded due to the timed entry, and highly recommend it to others visiting Edinburgh.
- Some comments to sum up a good visit include â€ś We visited many palaces in London on this trip, but this one in Edinburgh was definitely one of the best. Seeing areas that are still in use today, as they were hundreds of years ago, the portraits, the mini-talks in each of the spaces to describe occurrences of the past; all were extremely well presented.â€ť â€ś I thought the audio guide was excellent. The sound quality was good and it worked properly, not always the case! The opportunity to find out more about your chosen topics I found particularly helpful. All rooms were beautifully presented and the tapestries were wonderful.â€ť
The palace is wheelchair accessible. Mobility scooters are permitted and manual wheelchairs can be borrowed free of charge.
E-tickets are not accepted. You must present a paper voucher at entry where it will be exchanged for an official ticket.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Security checks are in place at the palace.
- Photography is not allowed inside the Palace.
- Mobile phones must be turned off.
- Pushchairs / prams are not permitted and must be checked in at arrival and collected after.
Address / Pick up Location
Palace of Holyroodhouse, Canongate, The Royal Mile, Edinburgh EH8 8DX
- Best Edinburgh Attractions, Tours Skip-line Tickets
- Best Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket
- Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Guided Tour
- Best Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Dungeons Tickets
- Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets
- Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
- Edinburgh Underground Streets
- Edinburgh Day Trips
- Scotland Explorer Pass
- Edinburgh Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour
Duration: 1 hour
Mary King's Close Tour, Edinburgh
Duration: 60 minutes
Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour
Duration: Unlimited access on a 1 day ticket. 1 loop takes 60-80minutes.
Whisky and Folklore - Whisky Tasting and Storytelling
Duration: Two hours
Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh
Duration: 1.5 hours
Royal Yacht Britannia Tickets: Skip The Line + Audio Guide
Duration: Recommended 1.5-2 hours
Royal Edinburgh 48-Hour Attractions Ticket
Duration: The validity period of the package is 48 hours
Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket
Duration: Recommended 2-3 hours
Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Ticket and Guided Tour
Duration: The duration of the walking tour is between 1:30 and 2 hours.
Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: 12 hours
From Edinburgh: Magical Highlands Tour by Steam Train
Duration: Around 13 hours