Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh Deals
We are comparing Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
|12 hours||(270 Reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
- The Scottish Highlands landscape varies so much from place to place – On this trip you'll get to see mountains, bogs, moors, green hills, lochs, ruins, quaint villages, Highland cows, and so much more plus you'll learn the history of Scotland as you travel thanks to commentary from your driver/guide.
- You'll pass by Stirling Castle where Mary Queen of Scots' was crowned and journey across the ancient ground of Rob Roy where the Clans Macgregor and Campbell fought hundreds of years ago.
- The scenery is simply stunning with the boggy Rannoch Moor and the Black Mount mountains, keep your eyes peeled for wildlife at all times!
- The rolling green Glen Coe is deemed one of the most picturesque locations in Scotland but despite the beauty it has a sad side – This was the site of the 1692 massacre of the Clan MacDonald which your driver will tell you all about.
- You'll pass by Ben Nevis, the highest mountain in the British Isle’s measuring in at 4,409 feet (1,344 meters) and then see Scotland's most iconic landmark; Loch Ness.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- The perfect way to see and experience Scotland!
- Good for those who are limited on time and do not wish to 'go it alone on a solo excursion.
- Not recommended for those who suffer from motion sickness as the roads are narrow and twisting and most of your time is spent on the coach.
- Not recommended for budget travellers as food and entrance fees are not included in the ticket price and you're almost 'forced' to participate in the paid activities unless you sit on the coach!
Your Experience With Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh?
- Board your coach outside the pub at Lawnmarket and settle down to watch the Scottish countryside pass by your window.
- Leaving The Royal Mile behind you will travel Northwest passing by Stirling Castle before stopping at Kilmahog to take in the Highland Cows up close.
- Back on the coach, you'll pass Loch Linnhe and then stop for lunch (at your own expense) at Fort William before carrying on through the beautiful Great Glen to Glen Coe where you can stop for photo opportunities once more.
- Travelling on along the narrow roads with Ben Nevis towering above you, you'll then pass by Caledonian Canal at Inverness and through the quaint village of Fort Augustus. Next it's time to soak up the wonderful views of Lock Ness as your driver takes you along the shoreline up to Urquhart Castle.
- At this point you might choose to explore the castle or carry on back down to the lake to enjoy a boat trip to see if you can spy Nessie the Lock Ness monster!
- After a 2 hour break at Loch Ness you'll continue on to Inverness before making the return journey back, crossing the Grampian Mountains and enjoying the wooded scenery of Perthshire with a stop in the Victorian town Pitlochry for dinner before arriving back in Edinburgh in the evening.
What Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh Includes?
- Full day (12 hour) bus tour.
- Live commentary onboard by your local driver/guide.
- You will stop at:
- Glen Coe
- Urquhart Castle
- Lock Ness
- Consider skipping the Loch Ness boat trip and just enjoying the castle ruins and loch views.
- Sit near the coach door and you'll be first off when it's time for food and toilet stops ensuring you don't have to join the back of the queue!
Travelers Reviews about Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh?
- Travellers talking about this day tour on Trip Advisor, Get Your Guide, and Viator were thrilled with the sights they got to see and agree that the friendly, funny, and informative driver/coach made this trip truly enjoyable and memorable.
- Some people would have liked more opportunity to stop and wander the villages or stop to take in the scenery thinking they were on the coach for too long but generally, people understood that this tour is all about passing the countryside and admiring the view from the coach with a few stops at iconic locations for sightseeing and refreshments.
- Others note that the boat ride on Loch Ness isn't the most exciting thing to do but is all part of the Loch Ness experience.
- In their own words people have said “A long day, but well worth it. Plenty of stops for comfort breaks and lunch. Very knowledgable and fun guide. Enjoyed looking at the scenery of Scotland.” and “ Amazing tour through Scottish landscape. It’s a perfect way to discover at least a bit of Scotland. Our guide, Chris has huge knowledge about the country which made that day very interesting. Perfectly organized, comfortable way of travelling. It’s impossible to describe beauty of highlands in one review, you just have to see it. Highly recommended adventure!”
- People agree that this tour is good value for money and that they learned a lot about Scotland from the tour, it comes highly recommended.
Printed tickets and e-tickets are accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Check the weather forecast and pack accordingly for your day trip – The tour runs in all weather.
- Arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure time to ensure you're not left behind!
Address / Pick up Location
Meeting point outside the Ensign Ewart pub, 521-523 Lawnmarket, Edinburgh, EH1 2PE.
- Edinburgh City Tours
- Edinburgh Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Tours
- Skip The Line Edinburgh Castle Ticket
- Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Guided Tour
- Edinburgh Hop on Hop off
- Edinburgh Dungeons Tickets
- Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets
- Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
- Edinburgh Underground Streets
- Edinburgh Day Trips & Excursions
- Edinburgh Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
Whisky and Folklore - Whisky Tasting and Storytelling
Duration: Two hours
Royal Yacht Britannia Tickets: Skip The Line + Audio Guide
Duration: Recommended 1.5-2 hours
Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour
Duration: Unlimited access on a 1 day ticket. 1 loop takes 60-80minutes.
Stirling Castle, Highland Lochs & Whiskey Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: About 10 hours
Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Ticket and Guided Tour
Duration: The duration of the walking tour is between 1:30 and 2 hours.
Edinburgh Dungeons Tickets
Duration: 60-80 minutes
From Edinburgh: Magical Highlands Tour by Steam Train
Duration: Around 13 hours
Royal Edinburgh 48-Hour Attractions Ticket
Duration: The validity period of the package is 48 hours
Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: 12 hours
Harry Potter Walking Tour Edinburgh
Duration: 2 hours
Skip The Line Edinburgh Castle Ticket
Duration: Recommended 2-3 hours