Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|Recommended 2-3 hours||(1458 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket
- Edinburgh Castle is one of Scotland's most iconic and famous historical attractions.
- Situated atop Castle Hill aka Castle Rock it offers panoramic views across Edinburgh and is believed to have been a fortress as far back as the Iron Age. A vital stronghold for centuries, Edinburgh Castle has witnessed countless battles and sieges over the centuries and was the home of Mary Queen of Scots and James IV.
- A visit to Edinburgh Castle allows you to step back in time and understand Scottish history like never before.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A must-do for first time visitors to Scotland and Edinburgh who want to understand the history of the country and who enjoy sightseeing and cultural activities.
- A fun way to spend a few hours for the whole family â€“ Everyone will find something of interest whether that's the crown jewels, the panoramic views, the military collections or the fact that you get to see where Mary Queen of Scots lived, breathed, and walked!
- Visitors who want an in depth tour of the castle with guide should book a different ticket as this ticket gives fast-track entry and a basic introductory tour only, the audio tour is not included.
Your Experience With Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket?
- Make your way up Castle Hill for entrance to the castle within your 2 hour time slot â€“ Don't worry, even if you arrive at the end of the 2 hour time slot you can still have unlimited time inside the castle.
- Upon entry be sure to secure a place on the free guided tour so that you can get a basic overview of the castle, its history, and its monarchs, and the military connection.
- You'll get access to the castle's public rooms and exhibitions halls which allow you to see where Mary Queen of Scots gave birth, the Great Hall of James IV, the Stone of Destiny (an ancient stone upon which the early Scottish kings were enthroned), the prisons, St Margaret's Chapel, the Crown Jewels, and so much more. It doesn't end with the Royal Palace, either as your ticket also allows you access to the on-site National War Museum to see 400 years of military history with a huge collection of artefacts.
- Don't forget to stop and admire the panoramic views as you move around the castle and grounds, there's a cafe when you need to rest your feet!
What Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket Includes?
- Fast track timed entrance to Edinburgh Castle
- Free 1 hour introductory guided tour (on a first-come-first-served basis)
- Access to the on-site National War Museum
- The Royal Palace:
- The Destiny Stone
- Crown Jewels Display
- Great Hall of James IV
- St Margaretâ€™s Chapel
- National War Museum
- Despite the timed entry, there is no limit to how long you may spend inside the castle.
- Pace yourself when climbing up to the castle, you don't want to be exhausted upon reaching the entrance!
- Allow yourself longer than 2-3 hours if you also want to take in everything in the on-site War Museum.
Travelers Reviews about Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket?
- Travellers talking about this on GetYourGuide, Viator, and Trip Advisor give it high ratings and excellent reviews.
- Few people realise how much there is to see and explore at Edinburgh Castle and advise that you spend longer than the recommended 2-3 hours if you want to see everything.
- Everyone agrees that the skip-the-line entry is necessary to beat the crowds although when visiting at peak times, particularly in the summer, queues cannot be avoided entirely.
- Though some people note that this is an expensive day out for a whole family, others say that it simply cannot be missed when visiting Edinburgh and Scotland and is a very interesting place to visit, including the war museum which shouldn't be skipped!
- People have left comments saying â€śThe highlight of our trip!â€ť â€ś Great castle with a fantastic view over Edinburgh.â€ť â€śWell worth the money, so much to learn and see in person!â€ť and â€śAn amazing place to visit.â€ť
Not recommended for wheelchair users or those with mobility issues due to uneven floor surfaces.
Printed tickets and e-tickets are accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Upon arrival, go straight to the gates to have your paper ticket or e-ticket ticket scanned for entry â€“ No need to queue at the pre-paid tickets office.
- Bags larger than 30 litres are not permitted into the Castle.
Address / Pick up Location
Castlehill, Edinburgh, EH1 2ND.Â
- Best Edinburgh Attractions, Tours Skip-line Tickets
- Best Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket
- Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Guided Tour
- Best Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Dungeons Tickets
- Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets
- Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
- Edinburgh Underground Streets
- Edinburgh Day Trips
- Scotland Explorer Pass
- Edinburgh Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: 12 hours
Whisky and Folklore - Whisky Tasting and Storytelling
Duration: Two hours
Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Ticket and Guided Tour
Duration: The duration of the walking tour is between 1:30 and 2 hours.
Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour
Duration: 1 hour
Stirling Castle, Highland Lochs & Whiskey Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: About 10 hours
Mary King's Close Tour, Edinburgh
Duration: 60 minutes
Royal Edinburgh 48-Hour Attractions Ticket
Duration: The validity period of the package is 48 hours
Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
Duration: 75 minutes
From Edinburgh: Magical Highlands Tour by Steam Train
Duration: Around 13 hours
Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh
Duration: 1.5 hours