Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour - Birdwatching from Faro Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour - Birdwatching from Faro prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|90 minutes||(639 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour - Birdwatching from Faro
- Ria Formosa Natural Park has been named 1 of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal. It is a unique and important protected area, inaccessible to cars, that is home to many different habitats including marshes, tidal flats and fresh water lagoons and plays a vital role for migratory birds during spring and autumn as well as marine animals.
- Ludo nature reserve provides the ideal opportunity to see some of the bird life such as pink flamingos, the rare purple swamphen, egrets, spoonbills and more.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A unique experience that the whole family can enjoy from the kids right through to Granny and Grandpa.
- Those who love to spend time in nature will love their visit to Ria Formosa as they take in the unique landscapes and see some of the birdlife.
- The segway is easy to operate so don't worry if you've never used one before - Your guide will give instruction.
Your Experience With Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour - Birdwatching from Faro?
- Meet your friendly guide and collect your segway at Faro Beach at the pre-arranged time. You will be kitted out with a helmet plus a pair of binoculars and given instruction on how to operate the self-balancing electric segway in a short orientation session.
- You will then proceed, on your segway, along the coastal path to Ria Formosa Natural Park taking in the beauty and tranquillity of this protected area.
- You will make a short stop at Ludo Nature Reserve to do some bird watching, perhaps getting lucky and being able to see the rare purple swamphen or pink flamingos wading in the water in their native habitat, or the more common Egrets and Spoonbills.
- You will be passing by beautiful scenic landscapes of marshes, tidal flats, and fresh water lagoons as you travel along the paths and trails. Your guide will explain the unique ecosystem of this place to you and help you spot the birds and other wildlife as well as point out plant species.
- After your 90 minutes in nature you will return to the starting point at Faro beach.
What Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour - Birdwatching from Faro Includes?
- A 90 minute guided segway tour in Ria Formosa Nature Park.
- You will be given instruction on using the segway and kitted out with a helmet for your safety. Insurance is included.
- You will be provided with a pair of binoculars so that you can do bird watching at the Ludo nature park stop.
- A knowledgeable local guide will explain about the ecosystem, pointing out the birds, other wildlife, and plants along the way.
- Ria Formosa Nature Park and Ludo Nature Reserve.
- Home to hundreds of species of birds during the spring and autumn migratory periods.
- Unique and breathtaking scenery including marshes, tidal flats, and fresh water lagoons.
- Take a bottle of water with you, as well as suncream and a hat in the Summer.
Travelers Reviews about Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour - Birdwatching from Faro?
- This segway tour gets great 4 and 5 star reviews on Tripadvisor, GetYourGuide, and Viator, travellers highly recommending it to others.
- It has been described as 'Totally Different & Great Fun', 'A Fantastic Experience', and 'Utterly Brilliant'.
- Everyone loved their friendly guide saying that he was a great teacher for mastering the segway and very knowledgeable about Ria Formosa.
- Some people reported not being able to see many birds as they visited outside of the spring and autumn migratory period but they still really enjoyed the tour and seeing all the stunning scenery.
- Printed tickets and e-tickets are accepted. Receive instant confirmation when you book online.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Confirm the start time with your supplier.
Address / Pick up Location
Faro Beach, close to the airport - Directions will be given on your confirmation email.
Ria Formosa Islands Sunset Catamaran Cruise From Faro
Duration: 1 Hour
Ria Formosa Islands Boat Trip
Duration: Half Day â€“ Approximately 5 hours.
Cultural Faro 90-Minute Segway Tour
Duration: 90 minutes
Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip
Duration: 3 Hours
Eastern Algarve Tour: Castro Marim, Tavira & Faro by Minivan
Duration: Nine hours
Dolphin Watching and Cave Tour Algarve Coast from Albufeira 2-Hour
Duration: 2-2.5 Hours
Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro
Pirate Ship Cruise along the Algarve Coast
Duration: Approximately 2 hours.