Cheap Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip
|14 hours||(55 Reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip Discount Prices
We are comparing Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Compare Tickets Price with Tripindicator
Highlights of Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip
- Neuschwanstein Castle is located approximately 422km (262 miles) South of Frankfurt in the Bavarian hillside town of Füssen. If you think the castle looks a little familiar it's because it inspired Walt Disney's Sleeping Beauty! This royal castle was 1 of 3 owned by King Ludwig II, this one being his place to retreat during his troubled reign. With the Bavarian mountains as a backdrop, the grand castle which is built in the Neo-Gothic Revival style also boast beautiful views down to Hohenschwangau and across the Alpine foothills.
- The medieval town of Rothenburg looks down on the Tauber River Valley and is considered to be the best-preserved medieval town in the whole of Germany. Located in the Franconia region in the heart of Bavaria, it still retains its historic city walls with turreted gates, half-timbered houses, cobbled streets, Town Hall from the Renaissance period, and the 500 year old Jakobskirche with magnificent altarpiece by Tilman Riemenschneider.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A great way to get outside of the city and see 2 of Germany's top countryside attractions in one day.
- Anyone who loves sightseeing will enjoy this trip including photographers, architecture fans, and history lovers.
- There is a lot of driving involved so make sure you're comfortable with coach travel and don't suffer from motion sickness!
- It's a long day so younger kids might tire, recommended more for couples or solo travellers.
Your Experience With Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip?
- Depart from a central Frankfurt location at 8.30am and travel by modern air-conditioned coach for approximately 2 hours into the Bavarian Hills to the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle as your guide explains some of the culture and history of the area. The entrance fee to the castle is included in your trip price and you'll be able to enjoy skip-the-line fast-track entry to make full use of the time you have available here. A multilingual audio guide will explain the castles history as you explore the interior of this neo-gothic castle and learn about King Ludwig II who created it. There is time to visit the castle grounds, take as many photos as your heart desires, visit the souvenir shop and perhaps grab a bite to eat in the onsite cafe
- You will then get back on the coach and continue on to the picturesque medieval town of Rothenburg or Rothenburg ob der Tauber to use its full name.
- Here your guide will take you on a walking tour of the town showing you the half-timbered houses, the grand Renaissance-style town hall, the marketplace, the 500 year old Jakobskirche (St Jacob's Church) and the turreted city gates. You will have some free time to explore Rothenburg on your own before meeting back with your guide at the agreed time to make the 2 hour journey back to Frankfurt.
What Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip Includes?
- Fast-track entry to Neuschwanstein Castle with audio guide.
- Guided walking tour with multilingual guide at Rothenburg.
- Free time at both places to explore on your own.
- Return trip transport in a comfortable air-conditioned coach.
- What Attractions will you see on this tour?:
- Neuschwanstein Castle
- Renaissance Town Hall
- Turreted city wall gates
- Half-timbered houses
- Market place
- The coach cannot reach the castle entrance and stops about 1 mile downhill. You can walk up or take a horse drawn carriage for a small fee.
- If you have time to spare at the castle be sure to go to the hanging bridge to admire the views - It's a 20minute walk past the castle, ask your guide for directions.
Travelers Reviews about Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip?
- Travellers on TripAdvisor and Viator give this tour good reviews saying they had a fantastic day and their guide was great, really knowledgeable and going out of his way to help travelers have a memorable trip.
- People have described the tour by saying ''This was a fantastic tour, I highly recommend it!", "An expensive tour but totally worth it! " and "An amazing day spent visiting these two must-see locations!"
- Visitors admit that the day is long and tiring with a bit too much driving but well worth it.
E-tickets and printed tickets are accepted when boarding the coach.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Pack a drink and some snacks for the 2 hour coach journey there.
- Check the weather forecast for both destinations to make sure you're prepared come rain or shine!
Address / Pick up Location
Meet at a central Frankfurt location / ETS Greenline Tours Office - Exact location listed on your confirmation email.
Youtube videos of Frankfurt Super Saver Neuschwanstein Castle and Rothenburg Day Trip
German Film Museum Frankfurt
Duration: Flexible, although two or three hours should be enough to most visitors.
Frankfurt to Rothenburg Day Trip
Duration: Full Day Trip - 9 Hours.
Frankfurt City Sightseeing Tour
Duration: Two hours
7-Day Trip Taste of Central Europe Tour to Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and more
Duration: Seven days
Frankfurt Blue Bus Hop On Hop Off City Tour
Duration: All day ticket / 60minute loop.
Frankfurt Card: City Sightseeing Pass
Duration: 1 Day or 2 Day
Green Segway Tour Frankfurt
Duration: Two hours
Frankfurt to Cologne and Limburg Full-Day Tour
Duration: Nine hours
7-Day European Highlights Tour From Frankfurt: Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland
Duration: Seven days