Cheap Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets
|Recommended 2 hours minimum. Easy to spend 6 hours if you're into art and want to see everything!||(13,353 Reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets Discount Prices
We are comparing Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Highlights of Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets
- The Thyssen-Bornemisza museum exists thanks to the private collection of 2 family members who made collecting art their hobby. The collection was started by Baron Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza de Kászon (1875-1947), a German-Hungarian industrialist, and was increased by his son, Hans Heinrich Thyssen-Bornemisza (1921-2002).
- In 2004 Carmen Thyssen-Bornemisza's collection of over 200 works, many bequest from the Baron, were welcomed into the museum on deposit.
- The 3-floor museum is housed in the beautiful Palacio de Villahermosa, the building was actually remodelled by Rafael Moneo specifically for the Thyssen-Bornemisza Collection.
- The museum now contains one of the largest private art collections in the world, each piece having been carefully curated over many years so that all the principal movements of art are represented.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Perfect for all art lovers – This museum covers all genres so there's something for everyone to enjoy whether you appreciate artworks from the old masters or enjoy looking at modern art, fashion, or jewellery.
- A smaller museum than The Prado making this a great place to visit if you want to indulge your inner culture-vulture and see some art when you're in Madrid but are short on time.
- If you have already visited The Prado and/or Reina Sofia museums, a trip to The Thyssen will fill in the missing historical gaps as it contains Italian primitives, works of art from the English, German, and Dutch schools of art plus Impressionists, Expressionists, and 20th century European and American paintings.
Your Experience With Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets ?
- Discover almost 1,000 works of art inside the Museo Nacional Thyssen-Bornemisza, often shortened to just 'The Thyssen Museum', as you enjoy a self-guided tour through the museum.
- See paintings by the masters including Raphael, Titian, Rubens, Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Manet, Renoir, Cézanne, Van Gogh, Gauguin, and Picasso.
- Travel through time over 3 floors as you see paintings from medieval times, take in the vast collection covering the Impressionism, Post-Impressionism, and Expressionism era, before finally coming back up to date with the 1960's Pop Art culture through to the Avant-Grand movement – The museum truly covers all era's with genres to suit every taste.
- See the largest collection of 19th century American paintings housed in Europe.
- Explore alternative permanent exhibitions including the gem and jewellery exhibition, fashion exhibition or enjoy the Inclusive Love Tour which covers gender identity and sexual orientation.
- See the temporary exhibitions during your timed-entry slot, and enjoy other things that are taking place when you visit such as workshops, live music, film and theater.
What Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets Includes?
- Fast-track entry into the art museum, no need to queue at the ticket office.
- Entry to the permanent collections consisting of approximately 1,000 paintings and timed-entry into the temporary exhibitions.
- The tour is self-guided at your own pace with audio tours available to those wishing to hear a narrative as they browse through the collections at this beautiful art museum.
- Works of art by the masters including Dürer, Raphael, Titian, Rubens, Rembrandt, Caravaggio, Manet, Renoir, Cézanne, Van Gogh, Gauguin, Kandinsky, Picasso, Hopper and Rothko.
- Largest collection of 19th century American paintings in Europe.
- All genres and era's covered from medieval artwork, through the impressionist and post-impressionist movements right up to the 20th century with pop-art and Avant-Grand movements.
- Much more to see with temporary exhibitions and special events such as live music, film, and workshops which regularly take place.
- Check what time you have been allocated timed-entry into the temporary exhibitions when you arrive at the museum to ensure you don't miss out.
- If you need to exchange your e-ticket for a paper ticket go to the desk marked 'Acreditación Venta Online y Telefónica' where staff will happily exchange it for a paper version.
- Be sure to visit the roof-terrace bar/restaurant which is open during the summer months and serves up delicious food and delightful cocktails.
Travelers Reviews about Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets ?
- Visitors talking about this tour on TripAdvisor, Viator, and Getyourguide are thoroughly impressed with this museum, saying it's 'Excellent' and 'Well Worth A Visit When In Madrid'.
- One happy visitor reported that the museum is 'an art lover's paradise' and that it 'contains one of the richest and most beautiful collections in the word'.
- A few people complained of overcrowding and one person disliked that there was not more information displayed next to each painting other than the name and the artist.
The museum is wheelchair accessible.
Printed tickets and E-tickets are both accepted but E-tickets will be exchanged for a paper version when you enter the museum. If you have an E-ticket go to the desk marked 'Acreditación Venta Online y Telefónica'.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Access to the temporary exhibitions is by timed-entry only. When you arrive at the museum you will be allocated the first available time slot.
- Have an idea of what you want to see before you visit to maximise your time – Do you want to focus on the impressionist movement, see the 20th century paintings or go all the way back to view medieval artworks?
Address / Pick up Location
Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza, Palacio de Villahermosa, Paseo del Prado 8
Youtube videos of Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets
Madrid iVenture Card
Duration: The iVenture card is valid for 7 days and allows entry to 3, 5, or 26 attractions and activities.
Toledo Half-Day Tour from Madrid
Duration: Half Day – 5 Hours.
Paseo del Arte Golder Triangle of Art Tour
Duration: 7 hours