Best Versailles Palace Guided Tour Deals
We are comparing Best Versailles Palace Guided Tour prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
|65-75 minutes||(253 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Best Versailles Palace Guided Tour
- The domain of the Sun King aka Louis XIV who married Marie Antoinette, Versailles Palace is recognized the world over for its magnificent Baroque architecture and 16
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Highly recommended for first time visitors to Versailles Palace who don't know the history of the rooms or much about the people who lived here.
- This tour gives visitors more detail than on the audio guide tour and there's the added benefit of being able to ask your guide questions.
- Highly recommended for visitors who are short on time and cannot allow a full day at Versailles. The skip-the-line entry allows you to get priority access with your guide which means skipping the 45-120 minute queue that comes with the standard entry ticket.
- Does not include entrance to the Trianon Estate so misses out a whole chunk of Versailles but these tickets can be purchased separately.
Your Experience With Best Versailles Palace Guided Tour?
- Meet your guide at the designated place (this may be at the tour office in the city of Versailles rather than at Versailles Palace itself) and then get skip-the-line access to the palace. Skip the line access allows you priority access with timed entry into the palace but does not allow you to skip the security line.
- Once inside your knowledgeable and friendly guide will keep you engaged the whole time as you marvel at the ornate décor of the rooms you pass through, learning about the French monarchy and how court life was lived during Louis XIV reign. Your guide will take you through the state apartments including the King's Bed Chamber and into the most iconic and famous room of the palace; the Hall of Mirrors'. As you walk, listen, and marvel at the furnishings and décor of evert room and hallway you pass through, the lives of King Louis XIV and Marie Antoinette will come to life as you walk in their footsteps.
- Providing you do not visit on a show day you will have free access to explore the gardens at your own pace after the guided tour of the palace rooms. You can also explore the park too, whether shows are taking place that day or not.
What Best Versailles Palace Guided Tour Includes?
- Skip-the-line entry ticket to Versailles Palace.
- Guided tour by a knowledgeable guide in English, French, Italian, or Spanish (selected at time of booking).
- An audio headset so you can hear your guide clearly.
- Free access to the gardens on non-show days.
- The State Apartments The King's Chamber
- The Hall of Mirrors
- Access to Versailles Gardens on non Fountain Show and Musical Garden days.
- Access to the Park
- Book your tour on a day when the Fountain Show and Musical Garden Show does NOT take place and get access to the gardens for free – Usually free access on Wednesdays and Fridays during April-October but check the booking website or official website for exact dates.
Travelers Reviews about Best Versailles Palace Guided Tour?
- Travellers talking about this guided tour of Versailles Palace on GetYourGuide, Viator, Tiqets, and Trip Advisor give it fantastic ratings and reviews saying that they were more than happy with their guided tour, it going beyond what they expected.
- Everyone says that the tour guides are outstanding, they keep you engaged throughout the hour long tour and you learn a lot whilst also getting the chance to have all your questions answered by the very knowledgeable guides who speak clearly.
- Travellers who have taken this tour do mention the crowds, saying that it can be hard to move at times but that the guides do everything in their power to ensure the group keeps together, learns a lot, and sees all of the key features.
- Everyone who has taken this tour was very grateful to be able to skip the line, gaining fast-track entry into the palace with their guide.
- People have described the tour by saying “Incredible tour - takes you back in time! ” “Our guide was lovely and very knowledgeable and kept our group together really well, with enough time to pause, look, and take photos.” “Fantastic tour with an incredible amount of history provided on the tour - would definitely go again as I am sure I missed some of the information while in awe at the amazing artwork and architecture!”
- A few visitors were upset as they did not understand where they were to meet their guide and do missed the tour, but these people were in the minority and negative comments being a rarity, most people highly recommending the tour to others.
Versailles Palace is Wheelchair Accessible
E-tickets and paper tickets are accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Check with your booking company whether you will meet your guide at the palace or at the booking office in Versailles.
Address / Pick up Location
Palace of Versailles, Place d'Armes, 78000 Versailles
- Paris Passes
- Best Paris Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Which Paris Airport is Best To Fly
- Best Paris Attractions, Tours Skip-line Tickets
- Best Paris Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Best Art Musuems in Paris
- Best Paris Cruise Tours
- Eiffel Tower Tickets
- Palace of Versailles Facts
- Things to do in Paris at Night
- Paris Day Trips
- Palace of Versailles Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Facts
- Best Paris Walking Tours
- Fun things to do in Paris
- Louvre Museum Tickets
- 2 Days Paris Itinerary
- Disneyland Paris Tickets
- Eiffel Tower 2nd floor Skip the line tickets
- Eiffel Tower Summit Tickets
- Musee d'Orsay Tickets
- Paris Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Paris
VIP Private Versailles Tour with Viewing of the Royal Quarters
Duration: 8 hours
Palace of Versailles and Gardens Full Access Ticket
Duration: All day access – Recommended to allow 6 hours + to see the Palace, Gardens, and Estate.
Skip the Line Versailles and Trianon Audio Pen Tour
Duration: Minimum 5 hours
2-Hour Private Versailles Tour for Families & Children
Duration: 2 hours