Cheap Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris
|4 hours||(256 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris Discount Prices
We are comparing Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Highlights of Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris
- The Palace of Versailles is located 29km from Central Paris with a journey time of approximately 1 hour dependant on hotel pickups and traffic.
- The Palace of Versailles was the official residence of the French Monarchy from 1682 until 1789 and is known the world over for being The place of political power during the 16
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A good option for people who have limited time but still want to see Versailles.
- Great if you don't want the hassle of getting to Versailles on public transport on your own.
- Does not include the Estate of Trianon so not the best option for those wishing to get an extensive overview of Versailles.
- For budget travellers, money can be saved by making your own way to Versailles on the train rather than taking the organized transfer from your hotel.
Your Experience With Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris?
- Wait outside your hotel collection at the allocated time and your driver will meet you, whisking you from the centre of Paris to Versailles whilst sharing information and insights on the journey.
- At Versailles you'll be directed to the skip-the-line entrance point and, after the security check, will tour the State Apartments of the King and Queen which includes visiting the iconic Hall of Mirrors. Commentary is given by audio handset but the option of booking a live guided tour is also available.
- After touring the public rooms of the palace you'll have free time to explore the gardens. On show days (Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays a surcharge is required to access the gardens – If you don't want to pay this you can wander the park until it's time to meet your driver and relax on the drive back to Paris.
- Upon return you'll be dropped off at Champs-Elysée/Arc de Triomphe to make your own way back to your hotel or explore Paris for the rest of the afternoon.
What Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris Includes?
- Return transfer by coach from central Paris.
- English speaking hostess onboard the coach.
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to Versailles Palace (public rooms) and garden (on non show days).
- Handheld audio guide around the palace and gardens.
- Skip-the-line entry to Versailles Palace King and Queen's State Apartment Room including The Hall of Mirrors.
- Free access to the gardens on non show days
- Return to Paris, drop off at Champs Elysees/Arc de Triomphe
- Viator offers additional booking options (for an extra charge) allowing you to switch from a half day tour to a full day tour, add hotel drop-off rather than central Paris drop-off, and the option of adding a garden ticket on show days.
Travelers Reviews about Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris?
- This tour gets slightly better reviews from people who booked using Viator rather than Getyourguide due to some visitors being unhappy with service and transported via taxi which was not what they expected and meant they did not get to enjoy any commentary from Paris to Versailles from their driver. This seems to occur when demand exceeds capacity on the coach/minibus.
- The majority of travellers commented on the convenience of being able to skip-the-line and how much time this saved them as well as the insightful commentary they received on the journey from their driver/guide.
- Some visitors from both booking companies comment on enjoying a 1 hour live guided tour of the palace rooms when they were just expecting an audio guided tour.
- In their own words, travellers have said “We are so thankful for the tour guide. It saved us a lot of time skipping the line, especially during a rainy day.” “ Amazing experience especially with our driver. He was very lively and entertaining on our way to Versailles. He had games to “break the ice” for the passengers. He was very accommodating too. ” and “Having a tour guide gets you into the palace without waiting in a long line. It is the only way to go. We had a very good guide.”
- Aside from the transfer problems most visitors are more than happy with this tour but it should be noted that money can be saved by making your own way to Versailles on the train – Not something that all travellers feel comfortable doing.
- Some travellers did not realise that they would not be allowed access to the garden on show days without paying for another ticket and also some people were taken by surprise when not dropped back off at their hotel – Be sure to read the details carefully though and you'll have a very enjoyable if somewhat short day touring Versailles.
Versailles Palace is wheelchair accessible but you should check with your booking company to check the coach can accommodate passengers in wheelchairs.
Printed tickets and e-tickets are accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Be at the meeting point for the coach at least 5 minutes ahead of schedule (outside your hotel unless otherwise specified when booking) – It won't wait for you!
- On your return, make sure you know how to get back to your hotel from Champs Elysees/Arc de Triomphe where you will be dropped off.
Address / Pick up Location
Central Paris Hotel Collection
Youtube videos of Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris
- Eiffel Tower Tickets
- Palace of Versailles Facts
- Palace of Versailles Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Facts
- Best Paris Walking Tours
- Fun things to do in Paris
- Louvre Museum Tickets
- 2 Days Paris Itinerary
- Disneyland Paris Tickets
- Eiffel Tower 2nd floor Skip the line tickets
- Eiffel Tower Summit Tickets
- Musee d'Orsay Tickets
- Free Things to do in Paris
Skip-the-Line Versailles Palace Tour with Hotel Transfers from Paris
Duration: 4 hours
Palace of Versailles and Gardens Full Access Ticket
Duration: All day access – Recommended to allow 6 hours + to see the Palace, Gardens, and Estate.
Versailles Gardens Segway Tour
Duration: 1 or 2 hours depending on option booked.
Best Versailles Palace Guided Tour
Duration: 65-75 minutes