Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour Discount Prices
We are comparing Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
|Unlimited access on a 1 day ticket. 1 loop takes 60-80minutes.||(765 Reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour
- Edinburgh has a modern fleet of hop-on-hop-off double-decker sightseeing buses.
- With onboard Wi-Fi and audio commentary the buses are comfortable with seating downstairs and upstairs – the upstairs seating offering unrestricted panoramic views due to the open top.
- The bus travels around all of Edinburgh's top tourist attractions and locations including Edinburgh Castle, The Royal Mile, Calton Hill, Holyrood House, Arthur's Seat and much more – Get your camera at the ready!
- The audio guide will allow you to hear about the hangings at Grassmarket and hear about historic attempts to capture Edinburgh Castle and so much more of the city's dark history.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Great for the whole family – No more complaints of too much walking and tired feet!
- If you enjoy taking hop-on-hop-off bus tours in other cities, this is much the same and not to be missed as you get from A-B with ease whilst learning about the sights you're passing and the history of Scotland.
- Good for people who like to make their own itinerary for the day but with the comfort of knowing they won't get lost on public transport!
- If you're a wheelchair user the hop-on-hop-off tour gets you as close as possible to the top sightseeing attractions without the need to negotiate the steep cobblestone streets.
Your Experience With Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour?
- Hop on board the open-top double decker bus at any one of the 14 stops and take your seat either upstairs to enjoy the panoramic views or downstairs if the weather isn't cooperating. Then plug in your complimentary headphones and learn about the history of Scotland and all of the sights that you're passing.
- You can either take an entire loop to acquaint yourself with the city, this taking between 60-80 minutes, or hop off at one of the stops to go sightseeing before picking the bus up later in the day whether from the same stop you alighted at or one further along the route.
- The route and well-placed stops allow you to visit Holyrood Castle, the Scott Monument, Burns Monument, Calton Hill, the Scottish Parliament, Edinburgh Castle, the National Museum of Scotland and so much more.
What Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour Includes?
- 24 hour / 1 day hop-on-hop-off ticket
- Headphones and audio guide in 8 languages (Spanish, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, and Russian)
- Onboard Wi-Fi
- Bus Stops:
- Waverley Bridge
- Lothian Road
- Lauriston Place
- Johnston Terrace
- Chambers Street
- John Knox House
- Regent Road
- Hanover Street
- Market Street
- It's possible to stand at any bus stop and flag down the red hop-on-hop-off bus.
Travelers Reviews about Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour?
- Travellers talking about this hop-on-hop-off bus tour on GetYourGuide, Viator, and Trip Advisor give it good reviews, almost all visitors being very pleased with the tour and recommending it to others for ease of access to Edinburgh's attractions and a great way to get an overview of the city.
- Most people had only good things to say about the drivers, particularly the way they helped disabled passengers, but some people had negative comments saying the drivers were rude.
- People commented positively on the cleanliness of the buses and the frequency but some people noted that the map and the bus stops did not seem to match up which caused some confusion.
- Positive comments include “Great way to buzz around Edinburgh and see the city and get an overview. ” “I took the entire loop of the Edinburgh Tour to find out where and what I wanted to see. An invaluable resource for the City” and “As always the hop on hop off is a great way to get an overview of the city and this was no exception. It was very enjoyable and gave a great overview of the city. Well worth the money.”
Buses are wheelchair accessible and a subtitled screen is downstairs for those who are hard of hearing.
Paper tickets and e-tickets can be presented.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- During The Edinburgh Festival there will be some diversions to the route due to road closures for parades and events.
Address / Pick up Location
The starting point is Waverley Bridge but you can hop on at any of the 14 stops along the route.
- Edinburgh City Tours
- Edinburgh Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Tours
- Skip The Line Edinburgh Castle Ticket
- Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Guided Tour
- Edinburgh Hop on Hop off
- Edinburgh Dungeons Tickets
- Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets
- Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
- Edinburgh Underground Streets
- Edinburgh Day Trips & Excursions
- Edinburgh Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets, Edinburgh
Duration: 1.5 hours
Royal Edinburgh 48-Hour Attractions Ticket
Duration: The validity period of the package is 48 hours
Skip The Line Edinburgh Castle Ticket
Duration: Recommended 2-3 hours
Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour
Duration: Unlimited access on a 1 day ticket. 1 loop takes 60-80minutes.
From Edinburgh: Magical Highlands Tour by Steam Train
Duration: Around 13 hours
Whisky and Folklore - Whisky Tasting and Storytelling
Duration: Two hours
Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Ticket and Guided Tour
Duration: The duration of the walking tour is between 1:30 and 2 hours.
Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: 12 hours
Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour
Duration: 1 hour
Harry Potter Walking Tour Edinburgh
Duration: 2 hours
Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
Duration: 75 minutes