Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour Deals
We are comparing Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
|75 minutes||(843 Reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
- The double-decker vintage route-master bus that you will travel on has a story of it's own – It's the only bus to survive the 1967 fire that wiped out the fleet belonging to the Necropolis Bus Company.
- Painted in black and decorated inside with lamps and curtains, it's an atmospheric vehicle for sure.
- The bus tour and walking tour is a theatrical comedy and horror show that takes you around the Old Town and New Town of Edinburgh, Europe's most haunted city.
- At Greyfriars Kirk cemetery restless spirits are said to walk amongst the gravestones – See if you feel the ghostly energy. If not here, then Grassmarket, a historic execution site might send a shiver down your spine. Throughout the night of fun and frights you'll learn about the body snatchers Burke and Hare, and the vicious witch hunts which took place in the 16th and 17th centuries along with tales of the city's infamous murders, tortures and hangings.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- If you love ghost stories and want an evening of fun and frights, take this theatrical tour!
- Great for people who like interactive tours and experiences
- A great way to spend a memorable couple of hours whether you're spooked to death or howling with laughter.
- Suitable for families with kids aged approximately 10+ - they'll be a bit spooked but not dangerously so!
Your Experience With Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour?
- Board the vintage route master bus outside Waverley Station (you'll know which one it is due to it being the only one that's painted black!) and embark on a comedy horror sightseeing show through Edinburgh.
- Your conductor will fill you in on Edinburgh's dark and creepy history sharing stories about grave robbers, plague victims, and ghosts as you ride through the most haunted yet beautiful parts of Edinburgh delighting in Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, and the Royal Mile in the Old Town as well as riding through the New town.
- You'll likely laugh your head off at the antics that go on on the bus but be prepared to feel a chill go up your spine as your leave the bus behind for a walking tour around a grave yard where the stories suddenly feel that much spookier as you stand in the dark surrounded by the dead learning about witches you were drowned or burnt alive and the infamous Burke and Hare.
What Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour Includes?
- 90 minute theatrical bus tour and walking tour.
- Guided commentary in English.
- Fun & Frights!
- Edinburgh Old Town and New Town:
- Greyfriars Kirk Cemetery
- Grassmarket Execution Site
- Edinburgh Castle
- The Royal Mile
- Palace of Holyrood House
- Don't leave your belongings on the bus while you go on the walk, the company holds no responsibility for lost/damaged belongings.
- Don't take this tour or yourself too seriously and you'll have a blast!
Travelers Reviews about Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour?
- Travellers talking about this tour on GetYourGuide, TripAdvisor, and Viator give it good reviews for the most part – Most people saying they had a wonderfully fun and entertaining evening with lots of laughs and a spine tingling chill or two thrown in alongside all the history they learnt but some others found the theatrics a bit too silly and said they tired of the 'fun and games' after half an hour. Others thought they would stop at more places to walk around rather than just the graveyard.
- People who took this tour describe it as “A tour with a difference! Prepared to be scared”, “Excellent”, “Good Fun”, “Creepy and Funny”, and “One of the best tours I have taken.”
This tour is Not wheelchair accessible.
Paper tickets and e-tickets are accepted
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Food and drink are not permitted onboard the bus except for bottled water.
Address / Pick up Location
The bus departs from Waverley Bridge, opposite the Princes Mall exit of Waverley station.
- Best Edinburgh Attractions, Tours Skip-line Tickets
- Best Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Tours
- Skip The Line Edinburgh Castle Ticket
- Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Guided Tour
- Best Edinburgh Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Dungeons Tickets
- Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets
- Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
- Edinburgh Underground Streets
- Edinburgh Day Trips & Excursions
- Edinburgh Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
Stirling Castle, Highland Lochs & Whiskey Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: About 10 hours
GetYourGuide: €42.00, Viator: €49.00
Skip The Line Edinburgh Castle Ticket
Duration: Recommended 2-3 hours
GetYourGuide: €19.61, Viator: €19.68
Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: 12 hours
GetYourGuide: €48.44, Viator: €49.39, Tiqets: €63.20