Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|3 Hours||(286 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip
- Named 1 of the 7 Natural Wonders of Portugal, Ria Formosa is a place of outstanding natural beauty consisting of a lagoon channel system with barrier islands.
- The park provides a natural habitat for an array of birds and other wildlife, look out for the Grey Heron, the White Stork and many other birds, perhaps even the pink flamingo.
- Ria Formosa has clam and oyster farms which you'll cruise past on the journey.
- Deserta Island, sometimes known as Barreta Island, is a stunning near-deserted island that is still mostly unspoiled. It has an eco-friendly cafe, sunbeds, and an array or beautiful wildflowers if you don't want to swim in the warm crystal-clear waters. It is the most Southern point in Portugal so be sure to stand on Santa Maria Cape and take note!
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A great introduction to Ria Formosa Natural Park.
- A must-see for nature lovers and photographers.
- A good short trip for the whole family.
Your Experience With Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip?
- Travel by comfortable catamaran seating 12 passengers from Faro marina through the picturesque channels of the iconic Ria Formosa on this 3 hour half-day trip.
- Receive live commentary from a friendly and informative bilingual guide on the boat who explains about the unique ecosystem, the culture, and what you are passing.
- You will be able to see lots of native birds in their natural feeding habitat on the journey such as the Grey Heron, the White Stork and perhaps, if lucky, the stunning pink flamingo's.
- Pass by the lighthouse at Culatra Island and see the oyster and clam farmers at work. Pass by one of the most important sea entrances of the Ria Formosa. Notice the market at the traditional fishing village of Olhao.
- When you reach Farol Island you'll have approximately 1 hour to walk around at your leisure, exploring the streets, visiting the lighthouse, stopping for a tasty seafood lunch, or just laying out on the sand to soak up the sun. You'll then reboard the boat and head to Deserta Island where you'll spend up to 30minutes enjoying a swim in the warm crystal clear water or a walk along the paradise-like beach that still remains unspoiled.
- You will then head back to Faro marina, taking in more of the stunning scenery.
What Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip Includes?
- Return catamaran boat trip with a small group (maximum 12 passengers) and a bilingual guide who will provide narrative onboard.
- Stop off at 2 islands within Ria Formosa Natural Park enjoying free time to explore Farol Island and Deserta Island.
- Faro Marina -> Farol Island -> Deserta Island > Faro Marina
- Stunning scenery of Ria Formosa Natural Park
- Picturesque white sandy beaches
- Traditional fishing villages/towns
- Oyster and clam farms
- Birds such as heron, flamingo, or stork .
- Crystal clear water
- Be sure to pack the camera, suncream, hat and swimwear!
Travelers Reviews about Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip?
- This tour consistently received 4-5 star ratings from happy travellers on GetYourGuide and TripAdvisor who highly recommend it to others.
- People say it's a great day out with stunning scenery and clean beaches.
- It has been described as 'Worth Every Penny' and 'Loved Every Minute Of It'
- People report that the guide is friendly and informative and is happy to stand guard over shoes and bags whilst people swim and explore. They say the trip is suitable for everyone whether traveling with kids or as a couple.
Not Wheelchair Accessible.
Printed tickets and e-tickets are both accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Take a jacket with you, the wind can get chilly.
- In Winter it's recommended that you wear waterproof clothing due to the spray from the water.
- Arrive at the boat 30minutes before departure time.
Address / Pick up Location
Departs from Faro Marina.
FĂˇtima Full Day Trip from Algarve
Duration: 12 hours
Faro Private Transfer to Albufeira
Duration: 45 minutes
Bird Watching Guided Boat Trip in Ria Formosa from Faro Algarve
Duration: 2 hours
Private Departure Transfer: Algarve Hotels to Faro Airport
Lagos, Sagres & Cape St.Vincent Half-Day Bus Tour
Duration: 4 to 5 hours
Eastern Algarve Tour: Castro Marim, Tavira & Faro by Minivan
Duration: Nine hours
Dolphin Watching and Cave Tour Algarve Coast from Albufeira 2-Hour
Duration: 2-2.5 Hours