Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro
- Ilha Deserta is a hidden deserted island located within Ria Formosa Natural Park and is only accessible via boat.
- An unspoiled location, it's like paradise on Earth, a true gem to visit!
- Also known as Barreta Island and Santa Maria Cape Island it is located off the Southernmost point of Portugal.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- If you dream of visiting a desert island you won't go far wrong here!
- A true gem for those who love unspoiled beaches and getting out in nature to relax, sink their toes in the sand, and listen to the sea.
- This is a trip that's suitable for the whole family.
Your Experience With Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro?
- Choose a departure time that suits you then hop onboard the small catamaran ferry boat that takes you to the picturesque and serene Ilha Deserta located in the beautiful Ria Formosa Natural Park. The journey takes about 45minutes one way as you cruise past the stunning scenery of this lagoon with barrier islands. On the journey through the channels you will see a variety of seabirds and might be able to spot some pink flamingo's too, you'll also be able to take in the native plants of this unique ecosystem.
- Once you dock at the island you are free to explore the island for as long as you wish, doing your own thing whether that's enjoying a meal at the eco-friendly Estamine restaurant where you can enjoy the best of the Algarve flavours, strolling along the 2km of boardwalk, swimming, snorkeling, sunbathing or just reading a book in the shade and listening to the waves hit the shore.
- When you're ready to go back to Faro just wait at the dock for the ferry to pick you up, there are regular crossings throughout the day.
What Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro Includes?
- Round trip transport from Faro Port to Ilha Deserta in the Ria Formosa Natural Park, a one way journey lasting 45minutes.
- The boat makes regular trips back and forth in the daytime dropping passengers off and picking them up again when they are ready to return.
- Faro > Ilha Deserta > Faro
- A 45 minute ferry ride through the beautiful Ria Formosa Natural Park
- Watch native seabirds including black-tailed godwit, black-winged stilt, heron, plovers, purple swamp-hen, and wigeon.
- Relax on Ilha Deserta
- Take your own drinks and snacks if you don't plan on visiting the restaurant on the island
- Recommended to take your own sun umbrella if you need shade.
Travelers Reviews about Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro?
- Despite not having many tours on TripAdvisor yet, travellers rave about this trip on GetYourGuide giving it 4.7 out of 5 stars.
- People use the following words to describe how happy they were with their trip - 'Fabulous' 'An Idyllic Spot', 'Great Views'
- They say that the ride was comfortable, clean, and there were friendly people onboard.
- Overall, everyone was very happy with the transport to the desert island.
The boat is wheelchair accessible.
Printed tickets and e-tickets are accepted onboard the boat.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Be sure you pack suncream, a hat, drinks, snacks and swimwear!
Address / Pick up Location
Porta Nova pier on Rua Comandante Francisco Manuel
- Best Faro Tours
- Free Things to do in Faro
- Faro Hop on Hop off
- Best Faro Day Trips
- Best Faro Walking Tours
- Best Faro Boat Tours
- Best Faro Food Tours
- Best Faro Bike Tours
- Cheap Faro Airport Transfers
- Faro Attractions Maps
- Ria Formosa Islands Boat Trip
- Faro to Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour
- Pirate Ship along The Algarve Coast from Faro
- Dolphin Watching and Algarve Cave Tour
- Faro Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Faro
Eastern Algarve Tour: Castro Marim, Tavira & Faro by Minivan
Duration: Nine hours
Ria Formosa Catamaran Trip to Ilha Deserta From Faro
Dolphin Watching and Cave Tour Algarve Coast from Albufeira 2-Hour
Duration: 2-2.5 Hours
Ria Formosa Islands Boat Trip
Duration: Half Day â€“ Approximately 5 hours.
Deserta Island and Farol Island Catamaran Boat Trip
Duration: 3 Hours
Pirate Ship Cruise along the Algarve Coast
Duration: Approximately 2 hours.
Ria Formosa Islands Sunset Catamaran Cruise From Faro
Duration: 1 Hour
Ria Formosa Natural Park Segway Tour - Birdwatching from Faro
Duration: 90 minutes