Day Trip to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles from Munich Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Day Trip to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles from Munich prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|10 Hours||(4426 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Day Trip to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles from Munich
- This full-day Bavarian adventure to 2 of the regions most impressive castles and best preserved historic towns will begin outside of Munich's main train station. Here you will climb aboard a luxury air-conditioned coach and meet your bilingual tour guide.
- As you travel further from the city you will notice the landscape becoming increasingly beautiful, driving on a scenic road between mountain until you reach Linderhof Castle.
- This is the smallest of the 3 Royal Castles that you will see today and also the only castle which was completed before the death of the â€˜mad' King Ludwig II. Famous for is many quirks and whims Ludwig ordered this castle to be constructed in a style partway between French Rococo and Moorish.
- You will have 1 hour at Linderhof, with the options to visit the interior, before continuing Oberammergau.
- In the afternoon you will take a break in the town of Hohenschwangau and see the second Royal Palace on the Royal Palaces day tour. The historic town sits below the illustrious Neuschwanstein Castle and you will have the choice of joining a guided tour of the castle or enjoying free time to explore the forest walking trails, visit Pollath Waterfall and the gorge, or relax in one of the many locally owned beer gardens.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- This is a full and exciting day tour which combines nature with history and culture, therefore it should appeal to a range of people, particularly history lovers and visitors who would like to see the highlights of Bavaria without the trouble of organising independent transport.
- This tour is suitable for groups, families or individuals and is appropriate for children.
- People with walking difficulties may have difficulties visiting the castles.
Your Experience With Day Trip to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles from Munich?
- Take a day away from the Munich city centre to explore the Bavarian Alps and region Royal Castles.
- See Neuschwanstein Castle, a castle famously featured in Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and inspired Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle.
- Admire the mixed architectural styles of Linderhof Castle.
- Visit the historic villages of Oberammergau and Hohenschwangau.
- Travel stress-free on an air-conditioned coach with a professional bilingual guide.
What Day Trip to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles from Munich Includes?
- Round trip transportation by air-conditioned coach from Central Munich.
- Professional bilingual tour guide.
- Munich Central Station (Hauptbahnhof) â€“ Linderhof â€“ Oberammergau â€“ Neuschwanstein/Hohschwangau â€“ Central Munich.
- This tour only stops briefly in the town of Oberammergau, therefore if you would like to visit the â€˜Venus Grotto' you may prefer to book the â€˜Royal Castle of Linderhof and Oberammergau day tour' with Viator.
Travelers Reviews about Day Trip to Neuschwanstein and Linderhof Castles from Munich?
- The Royal Palaces full-day tour from Munich is a bestseller with an impressive 4.5-star rating from TripAdvisor contributors.
- Comments mentions that this is a fairly long tour, at over 10 hours, however, this is unavoidable as the castles are located quite far from Munich.
- Comments are overall positive, praising the tour company and guides.
- Comments from parents say that this is a good tour for children.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Please have your printed or mobile ticket to show to your tour guide.
- Tickets are fully refundable up to either 24 hours in advance (Get Your Guide) or 7 days in advance (Viator). Late cancellations will be charged a 50%-100% cancellation fee.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- This is a bilingual tour which will be conducted in English and German. Multilingual audio guides are available inside the castle and on the bus in French, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese.
- To reach the entrances to the castle a moderate amount of uphill walking is required, therefore we recommend wearing comfortable walking shoes and appropriate clothing.
- Entrance fees to the castle are not included in the ticket price, tickets can be purchased on the day through your tour guide.
- No food or drinks are included in this tour.
Address / Pick up Location
- Meeting Point: Outside the Kardstadt Shopping Centre, located on Bahnhofplatz opposite Munich's main train station.
- Munich City Tours
- Munich Bus Tours
- Munich Day Trips
- Munich To Neuschwanstein Castle Trip
- Munich to Salzburg Day Trip
- Dachau Concentration Camp from Munich
- Munich Hop on Hop off
- Neuschwanstein & Linderhof Castles From Munich
- Bavarian Beer and Food Evening Tour from Munich
- Munich to Berchtesgaden & Eagle's Nest Day Tour
- Munich City Card
- Munich Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Munich
Munich to Nuremberg by Train Day trip
Duration: 10 hours
Munich Segway Tour
Duration: Between 2:30 and 3 hours
Munich to Herrenchiemsee Palace Day Tour
Duration: Approx. 10 hours
FC Bayern Munich Football Stadium tour and Allianz Arena
Duration: 4 Hours
Munich City Tour with English Garden Walking
Duration: Two hours
Munich to Regensburg Guided Day Trip
Duration: 10 hours
Hard Rock Cafe Munich Skip the line