St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb and Crypt Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb and Crypt prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|Two and a half hours||(44 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb and Crypt
- This activity is a general overview of the Vatican's Basilica of Saint Peter, its premises and stunning artwork.
- The expert guide elaborates intriguing facts about the religious structure, its one-of-a-kind works of art and popes throughout history.
- The guided tour introduces all-time masterpieces, such as Bernini's "Throne of Saint Peter" and Michelangelo's "La Pieta."
- After the tour of the basilica's ground level, visitors climb the dome for panoramic views of Rome and colonnaded Saint Peter's Square.
- The guided tour ends in the underground crypt, a resting place of some high-ranking Catholic officials throughout history.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Visiting the Basilica of Saint Peter is highly recommended to every visitor of Rome.
- Besides Christians, the believers of other religions should consider joining the activity if interested in art, history and grand architecture.
- Note that part of the tour takes place on the roof of the basilica, which requires visitors to overcome a long flight of stairs.
Your Experience With St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb and Crypt?
- You will visit the Saint Peter's Basilica, the chief religious structure of Catholic Christianity.
- Visit the religious structure before official opening times.
- Listen to your guide as you tour the basilica, admire its opulence and hear interesting facts about its unsurpassable art pieces.
- Examine "La Pieta" by Michelangelo Buonarroti and Bernini's baldachin and "The throne of Saint Peter."
- Take an elevator to the first level and take a flight of stairs from there to climb to the dome and enjoy great views of Rome.
- Descend to the crypt beneath the basilica and visit the tombs of popes.
What St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb and Crypt Includes?
- Admission to the Saint Peter's Basilica before opening hours with the access to the dome and the crypt.
- A guided tour by an English-speaking guide.
- The mastermind of the fascinating dome of the Basilica of Saint Peter was Michelangelo Buonarroti, a famous sculptor, painter and architect.
- Among other works of art, you will see depictions of Jesus Christ, John the Baptist, Charlemagne and Constantine the Great.
- The design of Saint Peter's Square was inspired by an idea of the Church embracing its flock.
Travelers Reviews about St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb and Crypt?
- Most travelers agree that the guided tour is an excellent investment of time and money.
- A number of tour participants inform that accessing Michelangelo's dome requires some effort, but the experience is worth it.
- According to the majority of reviewers, tour guides are knowledgeable, friendly and forthcoming.
- The existing reviews indicate that arriving before the opening hours and avoiding the queues builds up a great value.
The guided tour isn't suitable for people suffering from disabilities.
Electronic and paper tickets are valid means for joining the guided tour. Depending on the provider you choose, you receive a full refund if canceling the order 24 or 72 hours in advance.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- If you aren't able to walk a few hundred steps to reach the dome, you can admire views from the first level, accessible by an elevator.
- To be allowed to enter, dress respectfully (covered knees and shoulders).
- There is a bag check where you can leave large pieces of luggage.
- Show a valid document (ID card, passport...) to enter the religious structure.
Address / Pick up Location
Next to Square of Saint Peter, Rome
- Rome City Pass
- Sistine Chapel Tickets
- Which Rome Airport is Best To Fly
- Rome City Tours
- Rome Bus Tours
- Roman Forum and Palatine Hill Tours
- Rome Hop on Hop off
- Vatican Museums Tours
- Rome Art Galleries
- Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel Tickets
- Rome Day Trips
- Things to Do in Rome at Night
- Rome to Florence Day Trips
- Best Colosseum Tours
- Best Rome Walking Tours
- Fun things to do in Rome
- 2 Days Rome Itinerary
- Borghese Gallery and Gardens Walking Tour
- Castel Sant'Angelo Tickets
- Rome Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Rome
St. Peter's Basilica with Dome Climb and Crypt
Duration: Two and a half hours
Discover Pantheon: Guided Tour of the Glory of Rome
Duration: One hour
Exclusive Early Morning Vatican Tour
Duration: Three hours
Colosseum Skip-the-Line Self-Guided Virtual Reality Tour
Castel Sant' Angelo and St. Peter's Square Tour
Duration: About three hours
Rome Food and Wine Tasting Tour 4-Hours
Duration: Four hours
Ancient Rome Colosseum Underground, Arena & Forum Tour
Duration: 2:30 hours
Rome in One Day: Low Cost Vatican & Colosseum Tours
Duration: 6:30 hours