Cheap Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory
|5 hours||(818 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory Discount Prices
We are comparing Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory Prices from leading ticket suppliers and Try to find you Cheap tickets prices on the market.
Highlights of Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory
- Venice\'s lagoon islands are well known for their traditional handicrafts.
- Murano is the island famous the world over for its artisan glass, the traditions of glass blowing being handed down from generation to generation for centuries and can still be seen today at the factories. The glass blowers of Murano were the first Europeans to make mirrors and their skill was so valuable that they were actually banned from ever leaving Venice!
- Burano is known and loved for its brightly painted houses that line the internal waterways but it\'s also an island of lace making, an art that is dyeing out.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Those who appreciate arts and crafts will adore this trip but it\'s equally interesting for those who wouldn\'t generally be interested in lace or glass – You\'ll learn something new that\'s for sure.
- A great way to see these famous islands with the added benefit of a guide who will give you all the history and interesting facts that you wouldn\'t otherwise learn.
- Enjoyable for the whole family – Even the kids will find it interesting, the glass blowing especially.
- Even if you have visited Murano and Burano before, independently, this tour offers invaluable insight into the islands and their crafts.
Your Experience With Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory?
- Meet your knowledgeable and friendly guide at the boat dock at St Marco and board the private water bus that will take you and your group to the island of Murano. On the way, your local guide will share her knowledge and passion of Venice with you, giving you details about what you\'re passing and sharing the stories, history, and culture that make Venice so special.
- On Murano, the island known for its glass, you\'ll be taken to a working factory and given a glass blowing demonstration before being let loose in the factory shop that\'s full of sparkling glass items to make your eyes light up in delight. Afterwards, you\'ll have free time to explore the shops and streets of Murano at your leisure before meeting back at the boat.
- As you travel to Burano your guide will give you some details about this stunning island and you\'ll be given the chance to ask as many questions as you want throughout the day. Arriving into Burano you\'ll marvel at its brightly painted houses and learn how they came to be so bright. Your guide will take you to a local workplace where you can watch the ladies of Burano make their lace as your guide explains the history as well as the future of lace making. Afterwards you\'ll have free time to wander the streets, stop for a snack, or visit the lace making museum.
- On the journey back to Venice you\'ll be able to ask your guide more questions and perhaps get an idea of what else you should do on your trip.
What Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory Includes?
- Half Day boat trip by private water bus.
- Guided tours by a professional multilingual guide.
- Glass blowing demonstration at a working factory.
- Lace making demonstration.
- Cathedral In Burano you will see:
- Workplace of lace makers
- Brightly coloured houses
- Leaning church
- Lace Museum (extra charge)
- Take your wallet and credit cards – You can get items shipped back home tax free.
- You might get better prices by wandering the streets, in the shops that are not associated with the demonstrations.
Travelers Reviews about Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory?
- Travellers talking about this tour on TripAdvisor, GetYourGuide and Viator give it excellent reviews, everyone agreeing that the friendly and passionate guide is what makes this trip stand out from the others.
- Some people recommended doing this tour independently to have more time to explore on your own as there was not enough free time to enjoy the islands to their fullest. Others disliked the pressure to spend money in the factory shops (which others said were overpriced) but said that this didn\'t ruin their overall experience of a great half-day out.
- In their own words, travellers who have taken this tour say... “Good way to get away from the bustle of Venice for several hours.” “This was a great way to see Murano and Burano. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and shared a lot of information as we travelled between islands.” “A great tour of both the glass works and lace making. Excellent opportunity for shopping.” “Loved this excursion! Our guide was great!!! Would do this again in a heartbeat!”
- This tour comes highly recommended people agreeing that it\'s well organized, good value for money, and a must-do tour!
This tour is not wheelchair accessible.
Printed tickets and e-tickets are both accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
Ensure you\'re at the meeting point 15 minutes before scheduled departure, the boat won\'t wait for you!
Address / Pick up Location
Departs from Piazza San Marco boat dock
Youtube videos of Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory
Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade with Dinner
Duration: 2 hours (30 minute gondola ride and 1.5 hours dinner)
Murano, Burano and Torcello Day sightseeing tour
Duration: 4-4.5 hours
Venice Hop-On-Hop-Off Boat
Duration: 24 hours or 48 hours ticket validity
Grand Canal venice Boat Tour
Duration: 1 hour
Murano glass experience plus Visit to a Burano Lace Laboratory
Duration: 5 hours
Private Venice Gondola Ride Romantic
Venice Sunset Boat Tour
Duration: 2 hours
Venice Gondola Ride and Serenade
Duration: 30 minutes
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride Combo
Duration: 2.5-3 hours