Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|75 minutes||(314 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise
- Amsterdam\'s Annual Light Festival brings the city to life with unique light sculptures, and light projections from national and international contemporary artists. Many sculptures line the banks of the canals, cross over the water above the boats roof, adorn the bridges, and float on the water itself in a magical display of colour and light that cannot be admired in the same way on a walking tour or Segway tour.
- In 2017-2018 30 sculptures were selected from over 300 entries to liven up the dark winter nights of the city. Some of the light displays use cutting-edge technologies while others take a simpler yet equally beautiful approach.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A must-see if you\'re in Amsterdam between 30th November - 21st January and want to see the city lit up at night.
- A fun and festive tour that\'s family friendly.
- the ideal way to get in the festive spirit if visiting before or during the Christmas holidays!
Your Experience With Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise?
- Board the barge for a magical and relaxing cruise along Amsterdam\'s picturesque canals that are even more stunning than usual. With audio commentary in English and Dutch not only will you be able to learn about the stunning and beautiful light installations that line the banks, cross over the river, and adorn the bridges, but you\'ll also get to see and learn about other top historic sights and attractions in Amsterdam.
- this is a boat trip that will leave you feeling like a little kid and certainly help you get in the festive spirit, have those camera and phone batteries fully charged as you\'ll be taking a lot of photos and videos of the lights that you pass!
What Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise Includes?
- 75 minute canal cruise
- See the Annual Lights Festival from the water
- Pass by some of Amsterdam\'s top historic attractions too.
- You will see:
- 30+ light sculptures / light installations
- the Skinny Bridge aka Magere Brug
- City Hall
- the Amstel River
- Amsterdam\'s oldest canal β Oudezijds Voorburgwal
- and more
- Stand at the back of the boat for the best view.
- If given the option, choose the open boat β It\'s colder but there\'s no chance of fogged up windows restricting your view.
Travelers Reviews about Amsterdam Light Festival Canal Cruise?
- Travellers talking about this on GetYourGuide, Viator, and TripAdvisor give it good reviews for the most part.
- Positive remarks include βA fantastic way to see the lights in a relaxed atmosphere.β βthe light festival was absolutely worth seeing.β βthis was pretty, especially at Christmas time to see the lights at night and from the water.β
- Some people were less than impressed by the lights having seen better displays in other countries but these points of view were limited in number, other people had problems with fogged-up windows and commentary that wasn\'t translated into English.
- As is always the case, it\'s about managing expectations β Most people were truly thrilled with this boat trip and thought the lights beautiful and magical and the ticket price very reasonable agreeing that it was a fun thing to do, a delight for the kids, and got them in the festive mood.
Printed vouchers must be presented, e-tickets not accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Make sure you have printed your confirmation voucher β E-vouchers not accepted on the boats or at the ticket office.
- Kids under 3 go free but they must sit on your lap.
Address / Pick up Location
Depart from Lovers Canal Cruise dock, opposite Amsterdam Central Station at Prins Hendrikkade 25
- Best Amsterdam Tours
- Amsterdam Hop-On Hop-Off Bus
- Amsterdam City Pass
- Best Amsterdam Day Trips
- Free Things to do in Amsterdam
- Best Amsterdam Walking Tours
- Best Amsterdam Boat Tours
- Best Amsterdam Food Tours
- Best Amsterdam Bike Tours
- Cheap Amsterdam Airport Transfers
- Best Amsterdam Bus Tours
- Amsterdam Attractions Maps
- Van Gogh Museum Tickets
- Stedelijk Museum Skip the line Ticket
- Amsterdam Art Galleries
- Micropia Tickets
- Fun things to do in Amsterdam
- Anne Frank House Tickets
- Rijksmuseum Collection
- Amsterdam Walking Tours
- Rijksmuseum Tickets
- Keukenhof Gardens Day Trip from Amsterdam
- Van Gogh Museum Skip the line Tour
- Amsterdam Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Amsterdam
Rijksmuseum and Canal Cruise Combi Ticket
Amsterdam Hop On Hop Off Boat
Duration: 24 hour or 48 hour tickets available
Amsterdam Walking Tour and Canal Cruise
Duration: 4 hours
Canal Cruise and Heineken Experience Combo Ticket
Duration: Approximately 3 hours (including 75 minute canal cruise)
Amsterdam City Canal Cruise Daytime
Duration: Approximately 1 hour
Evening Canal Cruise Amsterdam
Duration: 1 to 1.5 hours depending on booking company used.
Best Pizza Cruise Amsterdam City Tour
Duration: 90 minutes
Romantic Wine and Cheese Candlelight Cruise Amsterdam
Duration: 1.5 hours
Best Amsterdam Dinner Cruise
Duration: Approximately 2 hours