Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|1 hour||(401 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour
- Edinburgh is a city with a chilling past - Treason, terror, torture, hauntings, and hangings â€“ It's the stuff of nightmares!
- In the Old Town, the area that once housed the slums and the red light district your story-telling / fact-telling guide will take you around the creepiest streets before taking you down below ground to the haunted vaults of the city.
- As you move through the empty rooms you'll learn about the squalid living conditions of the 1700's and the terror, torture, and treason that took place.
- This tour does not employ any 'scare tactics' in the form of actors to jump out on you or wax figures, instead it relies on the fine art of historic story telling.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- If you love ghost stories and are intrigued by hangings and hauntings, torture and terror, this walking tour is for you!
- History fans will also enjoy this tour, so long as they can stomach the grisly past!
- Children under 5 are not permitted on any of the tours and the night tours (9.30pm and 10pm) are for adults only.
Your Experience With Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour?
- Meet your tour guide (who will be dressed up in a cloak) at the allocated meeting point in central Edinburgh then make your way, with the group, along the cobbled streets of Edinburgh's Old Town as you begin to learn about the dark past of this historic city.
- On street level, as you explore the narrow alleys and shadowed streets you'll learn about the hangings and hauntings of Edinburgh. Feeling suitably chilled (and that being in no way due to the weather!) you'll then enter the Blair Street Underground Vaults (by torchlight if taking the night tour) where goosebumps are sure to form as you hear the horrible history that's half fact, half ghost-story myth about the murders, torture, and treason as told by your master storyteller guide.
What Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour Includes?
- A 1 hour guided walking tour.
- Entrance to the Underground Vaults.
- Chilling ghost stories from a master storyteller.
- Edinburgh Old Town â€“ Alleys off of The Royal Mile
- Blair Street Underground Vaults
- Wrap up warm, even in Summer â€“ It's cold underground!
Travelers Reviews about Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour?
- Travellers talking about this tour on GetYourGuide, Tiquets, and TripAdvisor give it good ratings and reviews, almost everyone saying that it's the guides, who are master storytellers, who make this tour memorable.
- In their own words, travellers have said â€śEdgar in his black cape was the quintessential host both on and under the closes of Edinburgh: he knows (and loves) his stuff and took us back in time in a mildly creepy but altogether appropriate and highly entertaining manner. Cannot recommend the tour enough.â€ť
- â€ťSeeing the vaults themselves was an excellent experience, but it was made all the more special by our guide Sam - his vivid, enthralling, occasionally unsettling, recounting brought to life tales of Edinburghâ€™s grizzly past.â€ť
- A few people did not find the tour scary enough for them, perhaps thinking that their would be actors to jump out on them instead of real-life horror stories.
Paper tickets and e-tickets are accepted
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Dress appropriately, it's cold underground!
- Arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before the start time.
Address / Pick up Location
Meet at The Mercat Cross, Central Edinburgh
- Edinburgh City Tours
- Edinburgh Bus Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Tours
- Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket
- Skip-the-Line Edinburgh Castle Guided Tour
- Edinburgh Hop on Hop off
- Edinburgh Dungeons Tickets
- Holyroodhouse Palace Tickets
- Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
- Edinburgh Underground Streets
- Edinburgh Day Trips
- Scotland Explorer Pass
- Edinburgh Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
Edinburgh Castle: Skip-the-Line Ticket and Guided Tour
Duration: The duration of the walking tour is between 1:30 and 2 hours.
Edinburgh City Sightseeing Bus Tour
Duration: Unlimited access on a 1 day ticket. 1 loop takes 60-80minutes.
Edinburgh Castle Skip The Line Ticket
Duration: Recommended 2-3 hours
Edinburgh Ghost Bus Tour
Duration: 75 minutes
Royal Yacht Britannia Tickets: Skip The Line + Audio Guide
Duration: Recommended 1.5-2 hours
Whisky and Folklore - Whisky Tasting and Storytelling
Duration: Two hours
From Edinburgh: Magical Highlands Tour by Steam Train
Duration: Around 13 hours
Edinburgh Underground Vaults Streets Tour
Duration: 1 hour
Harry Potter Walking Tour Edinburgh
Duration: 2 hours
Stirling Castle, Highland Lochs & Whiskey Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: About 10 hours
Loch Ness, Glencoe & the Highlands Tour from Edinburgh
Duration: 12 hours