Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|About 14 hours||(94 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train
- The day trip to Meteora from Athens reveals a majestic Orthodox-Christian monastic complex that is among must-see attractions in Greece.
- Monasteries occupy summits of high sandstone cliffs, offering extraordinary views of the surrounding area.
- Travelers catch a morning train traveling to the town of Kalambaka.
- Upon arriving in Kalambaka, vacationers get a transfer by a scheduled pickup and drop-off service by car.
- There is enough time for visitors to explore two Meteora monasteries, enjoy panoramic views and explore Kalambaka before catching a return train to Athens.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- Meteora Monasteries are some of the top attractions of Greece every traveler should visit.
- People interested in history and diverse culture of the nation benefit of a visit to Meteora very much.
- Admirers of nature are also highly recommended to take the trip to Meteora.
Your Experience With Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train?
- Catch a train in Athens to Kalambaka, near Meteora, and continue to the monastic complex by a private car from there.
- Access two monasteries occupying the top of the cliff for exploring and admiring panoramic views.
- Witness the beauty of the valley below and the mountains surrounding Meteora.
- Learn from a local guide the history and interesting facts about the one-of-a-kind complex.
- Spend some time in Kalambaka walking its cobblestone streets and finding surprising attractions that most travelers remain unaware of.
- Take a return journey to Athens at late afternoon.
What Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train Includes?
- A round-trip train ticket from Athens to Kalambaka.
- A private car with a driver for a transfer from Kalambaka to Meteora and back.
- Professional guidance.
- Trains leaving for Kalambaka depart from Larissa Station.
- To get to Larissa Station, take the Red Metro line at Syntagma Square and alight at the Larissa Station stop.
Travelers Reviews about Meteora Day Trip from Athens by Train?
- In general, travelers are quite satisfied with the experience and the quality of information they received.
- They underline high professionalism of a driver and a tour guide, describing them as friendly and knowledgeable.
- For many visitors, panoramic views from the cliffs of Meteora are the highlight of the trip.
- Some travelers state that taking a metro to the center of Athens is the best option upon the return because of inflated cab rates.
- Albeit some travelers found that the trip lasts long, they underline that visiting Meteora is well worth the effort.
Get in touch with the tour provider for details regarding the service for people with disabilities.
Paper and mobile vouchers are valid for the activity. To redeem a full refund, cancel your order no later than four days in advance.
Things to Consider Before You Go
- Journey from Athens to Kalambaka lasts five hours.
- Kalambaka is a town at the base of Meteora.
- Wear footwear and cloth appropriate for a prolonged walking and weather conditions.
- Dress respectfully for visiting the monasteries.
Address / Pick up Location
Athens (Larissa) Railway Station
Sights Of Athens Hop On Hop Off Sightseeing Blue Bus Piraeus and Beaches
Duration: 24 to 48 Hours
Delphi Day Trip From Athens
Duration: 10 Hours
Athens City Pass : Free entry to Athens Museums and Sightseeing Tours
Duration: 2 Days
Acropolis Museum Ticket
Athens Airport To Athens Hotels, Shuttle Bus Service
Duration: 2 Hours
Athens to Hydra, Poros, And Aegina Full-Day Cruise With Lunch
Duration: 12 Hours
Cape Sounion: Sunset Tour from Athens
Duration: Around 4 hours
Temple Of Poseidon and Cape Sounion Tour
Duration: 4 Hours
Athens Mythology Highlights Tour
Duration: Four hours
Private Tour Acropolis and Old Town 4-Hour
Duration: 4 Hours
Athens City Bike Tour
Duration: 3.5 Hours