Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour Deals
Tripindicator.com is comparing Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour prices from leading ticket suppliers, Try to find you the Cheap tickets prices.
|2.5 hours||(1342 reviews)|
|Opening Times||Best Times|
Highlights of Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour
- Many tourists don't realize that Paris has a network of inner-urban canals. These were created in the early 1800's by Napoleon Bonaparte, the most famous and picturesque canal being Saint Martins canal which is 3 miles along and has beautiful half moon bridges and canal paths border by trees.
- When you enter the River Seine from the canal you will cruise past some of the cities most iconic sights. Sail past the ĂŽle Saint-Louis and ĂŽle de la CitĂ©, going past Notre Dame Cathedral, the famous Pont Neuf bridge, and past the Louvre.
Is It Suitable for Me?
- A good way to see the lesser known areas of Paris - The places that most tourists don't usually see!
- The best method of transport if you don't want to walk!
- Ideal for people who love boat trips and have a fondness for canals.
- Not good for people who are only interested in seeing the iconic sights - or for those wanting to see the Eiffel Tower - If that's the case pick a regular River Seine cruise.
- Younger kids might become restless on this cruise as it's 2.5 hours long.
Your Experience With Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour?
- Board the boat in the morning at Parc de la Villette and get comfy as your 2.5 hour cruise begins.
- You'll start by cruising on the canal, making your way to the elevated Crimea Bridge before entering the Rotonde by Ledoux. It's here that you'll pass through the first of many 19th century lochs giving you plenty of time to enjoy Parisian life and snap photos as well as see exactly how double lochs work. From here you'll be on the beautiful 3 mile long Saint Martin Canal that has the most romantic of bridges and footpaths - This is a side of Paris that tourists rarely see. Next your boat will travel through the 1 mile long eerie tunnel, the only light coming from perforated light holes. The boat emerges at Port Arsenal where you'll now sail on the River Seine travelling past ĂŽle Saint-Louis and ĂŽle de la CitĂ©, the tour ending outside MusĂ©e d'Orsay.
- The tour is reversed in the afternoon, starting from MusĂ©e d'Orsay and ending at Parc de la Villette
What Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour Includes?
- 2.5 hour boat cruise that travels along the canals and on the River Seine.
- Commentary by a live guide in French and English.
- Morning Route (reversed in afternoon)
- Parc de la Villette
- Crimea Bridge
- Bassin de la Villette
- Rotonde by Ledoux
- Canal Saint-Martin
- Tunnel below Place de la Bastille
- Port Arsenal
- ĂŽle Saint-Louis
- ĂŽle de la CitĂ©
- MusĂ©e dâ€™Orsay.
- Buy some drinks and snacks before you board as there are no refreshments served onboard.
Travelers Reviews about Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour?
- Traveller's talking about this cruise on Trip advisor, Get Your Guide, and Viator have mixed feelings, either loving it or hating it!
- The happy reviewers, who appreciate seeing a different side of Paris that tourists do not usually venture into describe this cruise by saying "This cruise gives an extensive look at the lay of the city" "The most relaxing boat tour in Paris!" and "We really enjoyed the novelty of this trip relative to just cruising up and back on the Seine."
- Less than happy travellers were bored, saying the cruise on the canal was too slow (due to the lochs) and the travel time too long with not enough to look at; the main sights of Paris only being seen in the first or last 30 minutes. Others were disappointed to find there was no food on board, being stuck onboard for 2.5 hours without refreshments.
- People agree that the guide onboard is very informative though there were mixed reviews on the level of English.
- One reviewer summed it up by saying "This trip is recommended for those who want to spend an cosy afternoon or morning on a cruise."
Not wheelchair accessible.
E-tickets and printed tickets are accepted.
Things to Consider Before You Go
Take a look at the map - The boat leaves you at a different point in the city from where you started so make sure you know how to get back to your hotel!
Address / Pick up Location
Departing from Parc de la Villette OR Pont de SolfĂ©rino.
- Paris Passes
- Best Paris Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Which Paris Airport is Best To Fly
- Best Paris Attractions, Tours Skip-line Tickets
- Best Paris Hop on Hop Off Bus Tours
- Best Art Musuems in Paris
- Best Paris Cruise Tours
- Eiffel Tower Tickets
- Palace of Versailles Facts
- Things to do in Paris at Night
- Paris Day Trips
- Palace of Versailles Tickets
- Eiffel Tower Facts
- Best Paris Walking Tours
- Fun things to do in Paris
- Louvre Museum Tickets
- 2 Days Paris Itinerary
- Disneyland Paris Tickets
- Eiffel Tower 2nd floor Skip the line tickets
- Eiffel Tower Summit Tickets
- Musee d'Orsay Tickets
- Paris Catacombs Skip the Line
- Paris Attractions Map
- Free Things to do in Paris
Paris City Tour And Seine River CruiseÂ
Duration: 3 hours
Batobus River Seine Shuttle Boat
Duration: 24hours or 48 hours ticket
Seine River Hop On Hop Off Cruise Paris
Duration: Unlimited 1 day travel - A round trip takes 1.5 - 2 hours.
Gourmet Tapas Style Seine River Dinner Cruise
Duration: 3-6 hours depending if you stay on for the after-cruise party.
Paris Segway Tour Plus Seine River Cruise
Duration: 1.5 hours segway tour + 1 hour river cruise.
Seine River Cruise and Paris Canals Tour
Duration: 2.5 hours
Eiffel tower, Seine river cruise and Paris illuminations night tour
Duration: 4 hours
Seine River Dinner Cruise and Cabaret Show
Duration: 4-7 hours
Eiffel Tower Summit Access And Seine River Cruise
Duration: 3 hours
Seine River 3 Course Lunch Cruise
Duration: 2 hours
Bistro-Style Seine River Dinner Cruise Tour
Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours