- New york Attractions Map
- New York Pass vs New York City pass
- Best New York Bus Tours
- New York City Tours
- New York Hop on Hop off
- Best Art Museums in NYC
- The Vessel NYC Tickets
- Things to do in New York at Night
- Empire State Building Tickets
- Fun things to do in New York
- New York Walking Tours
- New York Day Trips
- 2 Days New York Itinerary
- Empire State Building VIP Ticket
- New York Self-Guided Walking Tour
- Museum Of Modern Art New York
- 9/11 Memorial Museum Tickets
- One World Observatory Tickets
- Top Of The Rock Observation Deck
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour
- New York Helicopter Tour
Top Attractions In New york For Free
New York is one of the most visited cities in the world and that is for a good reason. The city is home to some of the most beautiful sights and attractions in the world, which caters to all kinds of travellers. For those who are trying to save money, the best way to enjoy the city is to check out the many cheap things to do in New York. By simply exploring the city streets at night, you’ll come across various street performers that are truly entertaining to watch!
It’s a known fact that New York is one of the most expensive cities in the world. Thankfully, there are plenty of free things to do in New York that you can take advantage of. If you want to learn about the city’s culture and history, make sure you visit the free museums in New York. There are also a number of free attractions in New York that are truly worth a visit. Among these are the Central Park, the Federal Hall, City Hall, Governor’s Island, and many more!
What’s great about visiting New York is that there are lots of exciting things to do regardless of the season. For instance, one of the free things to do in New York this summer is to explore the Central Park, where you can enjoy the good weather and perhaps, have picnic! If you’re traveling with kids, one of the free things to do in New York with kids is to explore the Times Square, where you’ll find lots of exciting activities and street performances.
So if you’re planning for a budget trip to New York, then check out these free things to do in New York.
Free Things To Do in New york
- 1. Times Square free
- 2. Central Park free
- 3. City Hall free
- 4. Federal Hall free
- 5. Brooklyn Brewery Tour free
- 6. Governors Island free
- 7. African Burial Ground free
- 8. The Museum at Fashion Institute of Technology free
- 9. Chelsea Galleries free
- 10. Forbes Galleries free
1. Times Square (Free)
2. Central Park (Free)
3. City Hall (Free)
4. Federal Hall (Free)
5. Brooklyn Brewery Tour (Free)
6. Governors Island (Free)
7. African Burial Ground (Free)
8. The Museum at Fashion Institute of Technology (Free)
9. Chelsea Galleries (Free)
10. Forbes Galleries (Free)
More Free Things to Do
- Free Things to do in Munich
- Free Things to do in Rome
- Free Things to do in Milan
- Free Things to do in Barcelona
- Free Things to do in Amsterdam
- Free Things to do in Venice
- Free Things to do in Madrid
- Free Things to do in Florence
- Free Things to do in London
- Free Things to do in Paris
- Free Things to do in New York
- Free Things to do in Berlin
- Free Things to do in Pisa
- Free Things to do in Lisbon
- Free Things to do in Sydney
- Free Things to do in Vienna
- Free Things to do in Budapest
- Free Things to do in Athens
- Free Things to do in Tenerife
- Free Things to do in Malaga
- Free Things to do in Faro
- Free Things to do in Nice
- Free Things to do in Palma
- Free Things to do in Frankfurt
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
- Free Things to do in Dubai
- Free Things to do in Lanzarote
Things to Do at Night
- Things to Do in Rome at Night
- Things to Do in Madrid at Night
- Things to Do in Dubai at Night
- Things to Do in Paris at Night
- Things to Do in London at Night
- Things to Do in Barcelona at Night
- Things to Do in Berlin at Night
- Things to Do in New-york at Night
Fun Things to Do
Empire State Building Ticket Skip-the-Line(VIP PASS Optional)
Duration: The duration of your visit to the Empire State Building in New York is flexible.
New York City Explorer Pass: 60+ Attractions & Sightseeing Tours
Duration: The pass is valid 30 days after the first use of the NY City Explorer Pass.
Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Guided Tour
Duration: The duration of the Statue of Liberty (Liberty Island) and Ellis Island guided tour is approximately 4 hours.
Circle Line Best of New York Cruise Tour
Duration: The cruise around Manhattan Island with Circle Line lasts around 2:30 hours.
Top of the Rock Observation Deck: Flexible Ticket
Duration: The duration of your stay is flexible, but around an hour should be enough for most people.
New York City Deluxe Helicopter Tour
Duration: There are a few sightseeing tours of the city of New York available for you to choose from. The shortest flight lasts between 12 and 15 minutes. The duration of the longer flight is between 18 and 20
New York City Tour
Duration: The duration of this comprehensive New York Sightseeing City Tour is around 5 hours and 30 minutes.
9/11 Memorial & Museum Skip the Line Ticket
Duration: You are free to choose how long to remain around. In general, 3 hours should be sufficient for a visit.
Ground Zero 9/11 Memorial Tour & Optional 9/11 Museum Entry
Duration: The walking tour of the Ground Zero and 9/11 Memorial lasts between 1:30 and 2 hours. If you choose to visit the 9/11 Museum, you are free to choose how long to stay there.
Statue of Liberty Pedestal, Ellis Island and Pre-Ferry Tour
Duration: The guided tour of Battery Park lasts around half an hour. The duration of your stay on Liberty Island and Ellis Island afterward is flexible and depends on your wishes. In general, between 4 and 6 ho
Big Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tours: Classic, Premium or Deluxe
Duration: The duration of your sightseeing tour is flexible during the validity of your ticket. The complimentary harbor cruise lasts around an hour. The duration of the NY Night Tour (added with Premium and De
One World Observatory Ticket Skip-the-Line
Duration: You have liberty to choose how long to stay inside the One World Observatory. Around 1 hour and 30 minutes is, in general, considered enough time for this visit.
Metropolitan Museum of Art Skip the Line
Duration: It is entirely up to you to decide how long to remain in either of the Met's three exhibition venues.
American Museum of Natural History Ticket
Duration: The ticket is valid for one day and you are free to remain at the museum as long as you like during that time.
Broadway Theater District Walking Tour
Duration: The duration of this insightful guided tour of the theaters of Broadway is between 2 hours and 2 hours and 30 minutes.
Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum: Priority Access Tickets
Duration: The duration of your visit to this great museum is flexible. But you should plan at least 2 hours for a quick visit and 3 for a relaxed one.
Central Park Horse and Carriage Ride
Duration: This romantic and entertaining activity can last either 20 or 50 minutes, depending on your choice.
Washington, D.C. Day Trip from New York
Duration: The duration of the trip to Washington, D.C. is between 12 and 14 hours.
Harlem Gospel Tour in New York City
Duration: The Harlem and Upper West Side tour lasts around 4 hours in total.
Central Park Sightseeing Bike Tour New York
Duration: The bike tour of Manhattan's Central Park lasts approximately 2 hours.
New York Botanical Garden Ticket
Duration: 3 Hours (recommended)
Museum of Modern Art NYC Skip the Line Ticket
Duration: 1 Day
Guggenheim Museum New York Skip the Line Ticket
Duration: 1 Day
Big Apple Helicopter Tour of New York
Duration: 12 to 15 minutes
New York Self-Guided Walking Audio Tour
Duration: 3 Hours (recommended)
Woodbury Commons Outlet Mall Shopping Tour
Sex and the City Hotspots Tour
Duration: Around 3:30 hours
Madison Square Garden All Access Tour
Duration: 1:15 hours