Lonely Planet Experiences: Buda Castle Tour Including Ticket to Matthias Church
- Historical overview of the Buda Castle District with a guided private walk.
- Guided tour through one of the most beautiful and symbolic places in Budapest, the Royal Palace which sits on a hilltop overlooking the beauty of Danube River.
- Tour exploring part of Budapest's UNESCO world heritage site.
What You'll Do:
- Explore the Castle District surrounding the palace.
- Visit historic Monuments like Matthias Church, Vienna Gate, and the neo-Gothic Fisherman's Bastion.
- Tour ends at the Vienna Gate, from where we see all the way to Obuda (Old Buda), where the Romans founded the city then called Aquincum.
What It Includes:
- Entrance to the palace and gardens is free, but admission fees apply for each of the museums.
- Explore the Castle District on a walking or bike tour, ride the Castle Hill Funicular, or sail past the structure on a Danube River cruise.
- Tours will include a photo stop.
- Travellers are raving about the beautiful soulful journey they experienced.
- Proud to have visited UNESCO world heritage site.
Is It Right:
- Ideal for walking or bike touring, riding the Castle Hill Funicular, or sailing past the structure on a Danube River cruise.
- For travellers, it is a dream come true on holidays; the castle hosts an atmospheric Christmas market.
- Read lessRead more