- Madrid Attractions Map
- Madrid attractions Discount cards
- Madrid City Pass
- Madrid City Tours
- Madrid Bus Tours
- Madrid Art Galleries
- Madrid Hop on Hop off
- Madrid Day Trips
- Things to Do in Madrid at Night
- Best Madrid Walking Tours
- Prado Museum Tickets
- Royal Palace Madrid Facts & Tours
- Fun things to do in Madrid
- Royal Palace of Madrid Tickets
- Reina Sofia Museum Madrid
- Thyssen Museum Madrid
- Parque Warner Madrid
- Madrid Segway Tour
- Real Madrid Stadium Tour
- The Spanish Inquisition Walking Tour
Top Attractions In Madrid For Free
Madrid is one of the most exciting cities in Europe, which is why millions of tourists would flock to this city each year. It’s filled with numerous historic sights and attractions that cater to all kinds of travellers. If you are a budget traveller, you’ll be happy to know that there are many cheap things to do in Madrid. As a matter of fact, by simply exploring the city streets, you’ll already be rewarded with lots of interesting sights, including historic buildings with beautiful architecture.
While Madrid may not be the cheapest places to visit in Europe, there are plenty of free things to do in Madrid that can keep even the most budget traveller entertained. If you love to learn more about the culture and history of the city, then visit the free museums in Madrid. Of course, there are several other free attractions in Madrid, such as the Buen Retiro Park, Plaza Mayor, Gran Via street, Puerta del Sol, San Jeronimo el Royal, and many more.
One of the things that you’ll love about Madrid is that there will always be something to entertain you regardless of the season. For instance, one of the free things to do in Madrid this summer is to walk around the outside area of Madrid Royal Palace while enjoying the good weather. This beautiful palace is the official residence of the Royal Family, similar to London’s Buckingham Palace. To those who are going to Madrid with kids, one of the free things to do in Madrid with kids is to stroll and have picnic on some of the many beautiful parks in the city, such as the El Retiro Park.
Are you heading to Madrid soon? Then check out this list of free things to do in Madrid.
Free Things To Do in Madrid
- 1. Buen Retiro Park free
- 2. Walk around Madrid Royal Palace free
- 3. Plaza Mayor free
- 4. Gran via free
- 5. Plaza de Espana free
- 6. Puerta del sol free
- 7. Atocha Railway Station free
- 8. Teatro Joy Eslava free
- 9. El Rastro Flea Market free
- 10. San Jeronimo el Real free
1. Buen Retiro Park (Free)
2. Walk around Madrid Royal Palace (Free)
3. Plaza Mayor (Free)
4. Gran via (Free)
5. Plaza de Espana (Free)
6. Puerta del sol (Free)
7. Atocha Railway Station (Free)
8. Teatro Joy Eslava (Free)
9. El Rastro Flea Market (Free)
10. San Jeronimo el Real (Free)
More Free Things to Do
- Free Things to do in Munich
- Free Things to do in Rome
- Free Things to do in Milan
- Free Things to do in Barcelona
- Free Things to do in Amsterdam
- Free Things to do in Venice
- Free Things to do in Madrid
- Free Things to do in Florence
- Free Things to do in London
- Free Things to do in Paris
- Free Things to do in New York
- Free Things to do in Berlin
- Free Things to do in Pisa
- Free Things to do in Lisbon
- Free Things to do in Sydney
- Free Things to do in Vienna
- Free Things to do in Budapest
- Free Things to do in Athens
- Free Things to do in Tenerife
- Free Things to do in Malaga
- Free Things to do in Faro
- Free Things to do in Nice
- Free Things to do in Palma
- Free Things to do in Frankfurt
- Free Things to do in Edinburgh
- Free Things to do in Dubai
- Free Things to do in Lanzarote
Things to Do at Night
- Things to Do in Rome at Night
- Things to Do in Madrid at Night
- Things to Do in Dubai at Night
- Things to Do in Paris at Night
- Things to Do in London at Night
- Things to Do in Barcelona at Night
- Things to Do in Berlin at Night
- Things to Do in New-york at Night
Fun Things to Do
Avila and Segovia Tour Full-Day from Madrid
Duration: 9 hours
Paseo del Arte Golder Triangle of Art Tour
Duration: 7 hours
Scenic Madrid City Cycling Tour
Duration: 3 hours.
Toledo & Segovia Tour from Madrid
Duration: All Day – Approximately 11 hours total.
Prado Museum Skip-the-line
Duration: Day-ticket –2-3hours is recommended as a bare minimum.
Parque Warner Madrid
Duration: Full-Day, Approximately 10 hours.
Madrid Hop-On Hop-Off City Sightseeing Bus Tour
Duration: 1 or 2 day tickets are available. If you stay on the bus to do the loop without departing, the Blue Line tour takes 80 minutes and the Green Line tour takes 65 minutes.
Real Madrid Stadium Tour: Priority Entrance
Reina Sofía Arts Center: Skip The Line
Duration: The guided tour lasts approximately 1.5 hours but you are free to enjoy the whole day inside the museum. 2-3 hours is recommended.
Museo Thyssen-Bornemisza Tickets
Duration: Recommended 2 hours minimum. Easy to spend 6 hours if you're into art and want to see everything!
Toledo Half-Day Tour from Madrid
Duration: Half Day – 5 Hours.
Royal Palace of Madrid Skip-the-Line Tour
Duration: 90 minutes
Flamenco Show at Torres Bermejas
Duration: 1.5 hours with the actual flamenco show lasting approximately 1 hour.
Flamenco Show at Café de Chinitas
Duration: 1.3 hours
Madrid iVenture Card
Duration: The iVenture card is valid for 7 days and allows entry to 3, 5, or 26 attractions and activities.
Madrid Region Wineries: Guided Tours and Tastings
Duration: Around 6 hours
Madrid Tapas & History: Lunch/Dinner Walking Tour
Duration: Around 3, 3:30 hours.
Madrid: The Spanish Inquisition Walking Tour
Duration: Around 2:30 hours
Madrid: Las Ventas Bullring and Museum Tour
Duration: The duration of the pre-recorded commentary is around 45 minutes.
Wanda Metropolitano Stadium Tour
Duration: About 45 minutes
El Escorial and Valley of the Fallen: Skip-the-Line Tour
Duration: 6 hours
Cities of Andalusia 4-Day Tour from Madrid
Duration: 4 days
Madrid: Tour of Avila and Salamanca
Duration: Approx. 11 hours
Madrid Segway Tour
Duration: 1:30 or 2:30 hours depending on your choice