Duration: About three hours
Highlights of Tour:
What You Will Do?
- A guided tour of Castel Sant Angelo and Saint Peter's Square revealing intriguing historical facts and fascinating works of art.
- Before becoming Castel Sant Angelo, the site of the fortress used to be the mausoleum of the Roman Emperor Hadrian.
- An elevated walkway connects the castle with the Vatican, which was used by popes to get between these points.
What Tours Includes?
- Walk on the Bridge Sant Angelo and examine angels by Gian Lorenzo Bernini and his students.
- Visit papal apartments inside the Castel Sant Angelo, prisoner cellars, and halls of the fortress.
- Admire colonnaded Saint Peter's Square in the Vatican with its works of art and neighboring Basilica of Saint Peter.
What Travellers Saying about Tour?
- An expert art historian leading the guided tour.
- Entry fees where required.
Is It Right Tour for Me?
- Worth every penny.
- This is a tour for those who enjoy engineering and militarily defending a site.
- I definetely recommend this tour!
- If you are interested in military engineering and grand structures, you should consider booking the tour.
- Fans of art and people willing to learn more about Bernini's genius are highly recommended to book the activity.
- History buffs also enjoy the tour since the story spans the period from the Roman to the Renaissance era.