History Bicycle Tour of Soweto
- This is a bicycle tour that takes place in Soweto, allowing travelers to learn more about the history of the place.
- Travellers get to learn more about the history of the place and how the lives of the people were, who first lived in the township of Soweto.
- Travellers also get to learn more about the first election that took place in 1994, through the speech given by Nelson Mandela named "better life for all South Africans.
What You'll Do:
- The entire duration of time taken to cover this tour is 4 hours.
- All travellers are required to meet in front of the Hector Pieterson museum.
- Travellers get to see the good, the bad as well as the ugly side of this famous town.
- At the Orlando high school travellers get to know about the struggles the locals had to face against the apartheid system, which had become a reason for a student uprising, leading to the killing of Hector Pieterson.
- Travellers also get to pass by churches, orphanages and hostels for mineworkers.
- Travellers also get to pass by the homes of Nelson Mandela, Winnie Mandela and Arch Bishop Desmond Tutu.
What It Includes:
- Travellers are provided with a professional local guide who is able to help them explore the town of Soweto.
- The tour ends with a visit to the Coffee and Cream coffee shop.
- Travellers are provided with bicycles and helmets for this tour.
- Pickup and drop-off from the hotel to the meeting point is not included in this tour, travellers are required to reach the meeting point on their own.
- Travellers have described this tour to be quite fun and exciting.
- Travellers have also commented how travelling with basic bicycles through such interesting roads is not something for the faint of heart.
- Travellers also tell how friendly the neighbourhood of this town is.
- Travellers have mainly recommended this trip because of the excellent service provided by the guide for this tour.
Is It Right:
- There are infant seats available for this tour for tourists travelling with children.
- The child rates for this tour are applied only when sharing with two paying adults.
- Read lessRead more